Birthday

It was the early morning of the 9th of November and Richy was up getting everything ready for his special day.

Owen was tucked under blankets and all his favourite teddies, sucking on his paci unknowingly sleeping soundlessly.

Richy tried his best to keep quiet when rushing around the house; putting up balloons, placing all the presents around, making sure the cake was decorated for perfection. He couldn't have anything less then perfect for his baby's special day.

He had been calling Jamie, Myra and Olivia and luckily the all could come to Owens first birthday party. It had been a nightmare trying to contact them all but in the end he had successfully managed to plan everything.

Richy ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He was tired having very little sleep last night as the his anxiety rose with the ticking clock, not being able to get comfortable and his little monster have a bad dream just after midnight.

But he didn't care. As long his baby would be happy he doesn't give one single damn. Owen really deserves everything and anything he wants.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Owen called from upstairs. His muffled voice making a smile appear on Richy's lips.

And now the secret awaits to be found.

Owen sat cross-legged with half his hair standing on end, the other half flattened down on the side of his head. He doesn't even look groggy like he's juts woken up, he likes alive with energy.

This has been a new occurnace for Owen. He used to be so adamant to stay asleep and be warm and cosy in his bed, or beside his daddy all curled up in a little ball.

But nowadays, it's all I'm up, I'm up, I'm up. Richy doesn't mind this at all and he's happy that Owens coming out of his shell. Even if it means loudly calling out for his daddy at exactly 8 o'clock. Or even doing his little waddle around. Sometimes making remarks at things around him.

"Good morning baby. How was the rest of your sleep?" Richy asked setting him on the changing table.

"Ummmmm good." Owen took his time and thought about his answer, scrunching up his face and without a doubt trying to look back in time at his sleep.

"Okay, well that's good that you didn't wake up again." Richy nodded.

He got out two different outfits and showed them both to Owen. Once again his face scrunched up and he let his mouth hang open, his paci falling out as he did so. Finally, he managed to chose blue short dungarees with a black long sleeved top with glittered stars across it, and thigh high black socks with one stripe of blue at the top.

Dressed and looking all smart and handsome, Richy picked his baby up and took his downstairs.

"Dada oo appy wit me?" Owen asked, swinging his legs in his high chair.

"Mmm yes of course, I'm always happy with you." Richy nodded furrowing his brow, "why do you ask?"

"Cos I no no ump bed." Owen smiled a toothy grin.

Richy ruffled Owens hair and gave him a kiss on the cheek, whispering "of course, daddy's very proud of you, remembering the rule"

Owen had clapped and hurrayed in excitement, gobbling down the jammy porridge he'd just been given. He tried really hard to not jump up and down, and make sure he listened to his daddy at all time. He never wanted to be punished, even if the punishments are now not bad like the ones he used to have. But now he just wanted to impress and make his daddy happy with him. He loved it so much to see that smile.

He wanted it to stay their forever.

Once Owen finished his breakfast, Richy cleaned him up and brushed his teeth.