Mistletoe

Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone has a great day and got lots of presents! This is a oneshot I wrote. There is another one in my other story.

"Done!" Peter stepped back, admiring his handiwork. He had officially succeeded in hanging mistletoe in almost every single doorway in the tower. With help, of course, he wasn't tall enough for doing the taping himself. He had just asked whoever was closest to do the actual work, and encouraged them as they did so. No one really minded helping out, and even though the mistletoe had been up for barely a day, there had already been a surprising amount of people who ended up in an awkward situation.

Nat and Pepper had been walking around and ended up in the kitchen doorway at the same time. Nat had just shrugged and rolled her eyes, "At least it's not one of the guys," and kissed her quickly. Pepper smirked, "That's fair," and they moved on with their business.

Thor was a little bit less calm about the whole thing. He seemed to be convinced that the tradition of mistletoe was a binding oath, and whenever he was caught with someone under it, proceeded to declare loud and proud the number of people he had kissed. By the time the day was ending, it was going into doubt digits. It annoyed Bruce to no end, but Thor always kissed him after, promising he it meant nothing. At some point, Bruce had enough and when Steve and Thor were about to lean in for a kiss, Bruce calmly walked over, yanking the mistletoe down. Thor turned in surprise, and Bruce just held it above both of their heads, "My turn?" Thor leaned in eagerly to kiss him, and Bruce still found it adorable how excited Thor always was when Bruce was around.

Steve just chuckled, walking away, probably trying to find Bucky. He hadn't especially wanted to kiss Thor. It proceeded like that for the rest of the day. People getting caught under the mistletoe, and Peter darting around the tower, trying to record as many instances as he could. Whenever people try to just keep moving past the doorway, he made it his personal mission to convince them to follow through.

Later that day, Peter was trying to convince Stephen to help him put one of the mistletoe things back up, since it had fallen. Strange threw his hands in the air, "If I help you, will you leave me alone?" Peter nodded eagerly, "Yeah I promise!" Strange sighed, "Fine," He took the mistletoe from Peter's hand, grabbing a piece of tape as well, mumbling grumpily under his breath. He couldn't help showing a small smile though. As he reached up to hang it, Tony walked into the room on his phone, heading toward the doorway, not paying attention to anything that was going on around him. If he took another couple steps forward he was gonna walk right into Stephen, under the mistletoe. Stephen turned quickly, still holding the mistletoe above his head, "Don't move Stark"

Tony stopped moving, not even bothering to look up from his phone, "What's wrong nurse? You lose your blanket?" Strange glared at him, "I'm a doctor. It's a cloak. And just don't go any further, you'll definitely regret it." Tony looked up, and spoke in a comically offended tone, "Are you threatening me? This is my building, and I'll go where I want thank you very much," Stephen tried to speak, "No you don't underst-" But Tony had already stepped forward purposely, glaring at Stephen, "What's the big deal?" Peter spoke first, "There's mistletoe Mr Stark," Tony glanced up, registering the green plant that Strange was still holding. Tony rolled his eyes, "This was what all the fuss was about? It can't be all that bad to kiss me," Strange finished taping the mistletoe, "Thank god I won't have to find out,"

He made to keep walking, and Tony called after him, "I don't bite, promise." Strange turned, glaring, "Is there even a point to this mistletoe thing?" Tony raised his hands in mock surrender, "Hey don't get mad at me, I just figured you wouldn't be the kind of guy to chicken out on something like this," Striding back over, Strange stopped in front of Tony, leaning slightly in, "The difference is that I'm not like you Stark, I don't require constant validation," Tony shrugged, "Fine, but Peter records all of these instances and if you want to be a coward, I'll have plenty of blackmail to use for late-" Strange cut him off, kissing him abruptly on the mouth.Tony leaned in slightly, both of them staying there for a second, before Peter cleared his throat rather loudly, and the two of them broke apart. Tony spoke first, after taking a breath, "Not bad Doctor," Stephen took a small step back, at a loss for words for once in his life "Er, same to you Stark," Peter coughed loudly, smirking at the both of them, "I'm just gonna go I guess. In case you guys decide to—you know," Tony turned sharply towards him, "What's that supposed to mean kid?" Peter's eyes widened, and he practically sprinted away, probably trying to get Pepper's help. Tony and Strange turned back to each other, and Strange spoke first this time, "Technically, we are still under the mistletoe." Tony nodded slowly, leaning in slightly, "I guess we are."