Chapter 1: The Final Battle

Today was a special day in Knothole, more known as one of Freedom Fighters hubs.

Miles "Tails" Prower, the second youngest comrade of theirs, will be promoted to a commander!

He earned this rank for his bravery on the battlefield and civilians he saved during the last battle with Eggman, he had some extra training with Sonic and was able to improve his fighting skills. Tails always looked up to Sonic and wanted to be like him, he considered him his big brother not only because of his encouragement but because Sonic saved his life when he was a kid. Tails was born on the day Eggman attacked, he never knew his parents so he spent 8 years by himself, when he was born a nuclear radiation caused him to mutate into a two-tailed fox. Because of that he was bullied by forest creatures until Sonic found him one day, beat up the bullies and gave Tails a helping hand, from then the two of them formed a brotherly bond that would last for life.

"Congrats, commander!" Knuckles said as he slammed his palm into Tails's back, Tails turned to him and smiled

The party was being held at his workshop, they cleaned it up so there was more space for the friends to assemble. There were various foods on the table, varying from sandwiches to hot dogs, from drinks there were water and chaos cola. The party was ready to start.

There were a lot of people such as Knuckles, the Chaotix Agency, Cream, Amy, and even Shadow. Rouge was absent due to being on a GUN mission, there were even Freedom Fighters like Sally, Bunnie and Antoine. Rotor died in the last fight when Eggman launched his missile at the tech support team, Rotor threw Tails out of the way but unfortunately the missile hit him directly as Tails watched in horror from the distance. He had a majestic funeral. Mighty the Armadillo and Ray also died 6 months ago due to being poisoned by Eggman's scorpio machine, it was a huge Scorpion robot that Eggman was in. Just like a scorpion it had a poison sting that unfortunately scratched both Mighty and Ray which was enough to kill them in 3 days. Before the party they went to their graves to pay respects, even though Mighty and Ray were not in Freedom Fighters most of them knew them.

They were partying until a knock on the door was heard, Tails went to the door and opened it only to see Sonic standing there leaning against a pole.

"Hey buddy, sorry I'm late. I had a mission to take care of and it couldn't be delayed"

"It's okay bro, come in" Tails greeted him

Sonic came in and greeted everyone

"Okay now that everyone is here I think we can start!" Sally said

"You bet babe!" Sonic said, it was widely known that Sally and Sonic are together but that wasn't a surprise since both of them were very similar in more than one ways. Both of them were rooting for freedom and justice, both of them were upbeat etc.

"We also brought you some gifts Tails, I hope you will like them!" Amy said as she gave the fox a new attachment to his arm cannon, it was a charge shot. Tails opened a hole in his arm cannon and put the chip in and went outside, he shot a regular ball of energy in the distance, that created a small explosion of 1 meter in each way. Then he charged again but kept charging it for 5 seconds before he launched a bigger ball of energy that created an explosion of 5 meter radius, after that he charged it again for 10 seconds this time and launched a big ball of energy that landed in the distance and created a big explosion of 10 meter radius. Tails was amazed by this new attachment as he tried to charge it again for 15 seconds but it seemed like it's limit is a level 3 energy ball, he shot the blast in the sky where it exploded creating a nice firework actually.

"Well, if it isn't a more fitting time for fireworks!" Sonic joked which caused everyone to laugh

Tails turned to Amy "Thanks Amy! This is really cool! Where did you find it?"