Red Velvet?!

//I love Red Velvet Pancakes too. I was debating doing a jealousy fic, or perhaps a sad fic where Mattie leaves Carlos for James... But then I thought '¿Porque no los dos?'

Ice skating was one of Matthew's passions.
He went to the rink often, and it only made sense; he was the Captain of the MidCity Maples, after all.
As a matter of fact, he was just finishing up practice, fully padded up in his hockey gear. He was skating towards the rink's entrance when he heard a whistle. He turned towards it's source, blinking at the figure skating towards him from the opposite entrance.

He was also blonde, and was tall and obviously well built. However, that wasn't what caught Matthew's eye the most. It was the elegant red and silver costume he wore, which clung tightly to his figure and trailed from his shoulders all the way down his legs. The neckline swooped to reveal blonde tufts of chest hair, and Matthew tried his best not to stare.

"Um, hello. Did you need something?" Matthew asked. He winced slightly at his soft tone. Usually, he'd speak louder and more confidently in his jersey, but his team had already left.
"Just wanted to say hey. I got here a couple minutes ago and couldn't help but notice those moves on the ice while I laced up. You ever considered figure skating?" The guy asked. His voice was gruff, and Matthew kinda wished he hadn't asked. He sounded like the kinda guy to get mad and beat someone up on a whim.

"Um, I don't really have the form for it..." Matthew said quietly, averting his eyes. "Plus, I wouldn't be able to lift my partner while pulling off an elegant look."
"Hm? Oh, no worries about that. You could do a single act. And if that isn't your thing, I'd love to have you as my partner. You definitely look liftable." The guy said, then grinned. "Here, wanna run through somethin' real quick? It'll help you work on agility, if that helps at all."

Matthew was about to turn the guy down, not too keen on potentially being handled while they were alone, but he noticed his boyfriend Carlos on the sidelines having a heated discussion with some guy with auburn hair, so he figured if anything happened at least one of them would step in. Plus, Matthew's hockey stick wasn't too far away either.
"Sure." He said hesitantly, taking the guy's hand. He gasped as the guy pulled him closer, huffing as he regained his balance. "So, what's your name? Or do you usually swoop in on unsuspecting skaters unannounced and skate around with them without introduction?"
"Pfft. You're funny. I like you." The guy said, chuckling. "It's James."

James had stamina. Lots of stamina.
Matthew was in bulky padding, so James had to support him over half of the time. Hockey equipment wasn't made for such elegant turns, and all Matthew could do was marvel at the precise jumps and step sequence that James executed so fluidly. He felt that he was being lead around the ice, as if he'd just put a pair of skates on for the first time.

It was a rushing feeling, and Matthew couldn't tell if it was nice or not.
When James was finally done showing off, and Matthew had caught his breath, the figure skater grinned. "So, what did you think? You'd do a lot better if you were wearing less. Maybe we can practice together sometime?"
"Yeah, my padding is a bit bulky." Matthew admitted, laughing nervously as he rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry."
He skated towards the gate, waving back at James. "I wouldn't mind trying again though!"

He sat heavily on the bench, undoing his laces. He jumped as a hand landed on his shoulder, but relaxed as soon as he felt them sit beside him. Carlos was familiar to the point where he didn't even need to see that it was him to know.
"Practice go good? I got here a few minutes before it ended." Carlos admitted.
"Yeah." Matthew said simply, moving to his next boot.
"That guy... You know him?" Carlos asked.

"We met today." Matthew said, huffing softly in frustration as his fingers fumbled the laces, forcing him to pick at the knotted string instead.
"You were skating with him, yeah? He was pretty good at it. Did he ask to join the team or somethin'?" Carlos pressed further.