chapter 5

you cried all night. for what? well many reasons. you missed your hometown, and then you missed your family, mostly your brother. when spencer left you also realized how long it has been since you have had someone over. you were so lonely, you have been lonely since you left high school and you just noticed it now. then you thought about how you were going to be looking at dead bodies tomorrow, it's not like you hadn't done it at your old job but it just hit harder this time.

after you ate your food that finally came, you went straight to bed.

--------------

you got ready and headed to the BAU and you got there at 9:00am. when you got there you already knew the profile on the case. a man had escaped prison and was on a killing spree. since you were not cleared to go on the field yet, hotch asked you to stay behind with the tech analyst, penelope garcia. you guys were going to try and actively track the man's location.

hotch directed you to garcia's office. when you walked in you saw a plethora of screens. how did she do this without her eyes burning?

"hello sugar! what can i do for you to- OH MY GOD you're y/n!"  you guessed that garcia was not really expecting you because when she heard the door open she thought it was another member of the team.  she ran towards you as fast as her heels could take her and didn't hesitate to wrap you in a big hug.

"you. have. no. idea. how. happy. i. am. that. you're here!" she practically squealed into your ear as she swayed from side to side. she finally pulled away and you got a good look at her. she had her blonde hair in loose space buns and there were light red streaks in her hair. she had the biggest smile you had ever seen, it made you smile. she had on  red lipstick and blue eyeshadow. she was wearing a wildly colorful dress and dangly earrings with meadow mushrooms on them. she had a lot of crystal rings on too. you honestly were envying her style.

"uh ya that's me. how did you know what i look like? i didn't see you around before." how did she automatically know it was you, she didn't even ask first. you were a little out of breath from the sudden physical contact. you didn't like being touched but you thought you'd make an exception for her.

"oh well i sort of used my mystical powers last night and did some light investigating on you. nothing too deep i promise! i just get really impatient and curious.... sorry."  she looked actually really ashamed. it wasn't too big of a deal, sure you felt a little violated and exposed that all your information was at her fingertips, but she said she didn't dig deep. 

"it's okay, as long as you didn't see what i think you saw. then i'd have to kill you." you spoke casually and roamed around her office a little bit.

"what... OH oh well you could murder me any day hot stuff." garcia joked back with you and winked. you started dying of laughter and began to feel a lot better than you did this morning. frankly, you felt awful this morning. you were feeling lonely and worthless before. you were so home sick you actually felt nauseous. being around garcia made you feel way better.

"speaking of things that are absolutely delicious," you threw your head back in laughter. "i made cookies! so we can just sit in here and eat them while everyone else actually goes out and does stuff."  garcia gave you a cheeky grin and you both sat down in front of her computer. you suddenly began to tear up. you knew exactly why, you haven't had anyone do something that nice for you in a long time.

"thank you so much! you're honestly a lifesaver and the sweetest." you really did appreciate what she had done for you. you turned away from her to sniffle. you felt like you actually belonged here. it was a strange but pleasant feeling and it was extremely overwhelming.