Episode 1: Hunters & Gatherers (PILOT)

We open on a spacecraft. It's night. Stars illuminate the sky. It's beautiful. Breathtaking even. A spacecraft hovers in the sky. It too, is a beautiful sight to behold. A work of art. A fine show of metalwork and mechanics.

INT. CRAFT

In the front of the craft, dressed and black and silver uniforms. Tight fitting, sleek, impressive. It's a team of five men. Multi-racial, but the most impressive is LUXE, a dark skinned black man with five silver stripes on his right arm. He has a low bald fade haircut. He's in his twenties and even though his uniform is long sleeved, his muscles and form is impressive.

There is a heated argument in progress and the men are pointing the fingers at each other and pointing at a screen above their heads. We look up and see a video playing of the men running through the woods. We see they're part of a sports team of some sorts and they're chasing something. Then two men burst through a clearing and we see LUXE and a team member both reach for a weapon.

LUXE reaches for and retrieves a small ball from his belt he presses a button and throws it at the same time his teammate throws a boomerang. The boomerang misses horribly. The ball explodes and the net captures one man and he falls. The other man grabs the boomerang and picks up speed.

LUXE's face distorts to one of anger as he sideyes the man sitting next to him. At this time we see a badge on his chest.

A burst of laughter and joviality is heard and LUXE's irritation grows. He doesn't turn his head in that direction, however. Instead he stands and touches the screen. A new image pops up on the screen.

A sports announcer/news anchor is seen and heard.

NEWS ANCHOR
The Blue Stars were the favorite going into the match, but they failed to capture two fugitives. I don't know if it was a lack of communication or a case of ego, but they have fallen in ranking and are in danger of not making the next round if they lose the next match. We have to ask ourselves and he has to be asking himself, what is Captain Luxe going to do?

CUT  TO
REAR OF THE CRAFT.

The faint sounds of the BLUE STARS' argument can still be heard as well as the laughter that distracted LUXE. But the two women that are huddled together, with their backs to the noise and the two groups of people aren't worried in the least about what the others have going on.

One woman, ISYS, hair in braids that hang to the middle of her back, tension making her shoulders and body tense holds a device in her hand and she's scrolling through it. Her uniform, all gray, is impeccable, nothing out of place and her eyes  are focused as she scrolls through all of the old articles on the screen.

The second woman, ISSA, her hair in locs, that barely touch the nape of her neck is more relaxed. She's clearly younger than ISYS. She's slouched forward.Her uniformed is wrinkled and unbuttoned. She cares less about her appearance than ISYS. Her elbows resting on her knees as she looks down at the images ISYS' device is projecting.

ISYS
(groans)
This is -

ISSA
I've been getting alerts every two minutes about the Blue Stars and they didn't even win.

ISYS
Are you surprised? They're the hunters and we're just-

ISYS sits back and relaxes for just a second and we see the badge on her uniform. It's the same as LUXE's.

ISYS (continued)
Investigators.

ISSA
We're closers. We closed our case tonight. We solved our case.

ISYS sits up and resumes scrolling through her device.

ISYS
And until we start making the department money like the hunters and have our faces on the screens and the children wanting replicas of us-