Episode 5: Compromised

INT. LUXE's  ROOM

His room is in the bedroom setup. In the bed, we see her and LUXE. It's clear they just got done having sex by the sated look on LUXE's face and the thin film of sweat on ISYS' brow.

Unlike the first episode where cuddling and conversation happened, there is none of that this time. Even though they are in the bed together, there is a definitive and obvious space between them, both literally and figuratively.

Holopictures of LUXE & his family and him and his team full the room.

Certificates and awards also adorn the walls.

His closet door is open and we see his uniforms and tools.

LUXE looks around and we see the obvious differences. He also senses the distance between the two of them. The sexual tension is there, but so is the reason for their estrangement: his disbelief of her.

ISYS sits up and with the slight dip of the sheet, we see her body is blemish and scar free. LUXE glances over, interested.

LUXE
Again?

ISYS
[scoffs]
No.

LUXE
[laughs]
(tone is humorless)
So, what do we do now?  Just bask in the uncomfortableness?

ISYS
I can leave.

LUXE
[clears his throat]
Why are we uncomfortable? I mean-

ISYS
You're asking questions and I don't know if you'll believe my answer or brush me off.

LUXE runs a hand over his face.

ISYS' expression softens and we get the first hint that the relationship between the two of them meant more than she put on.

LUXE
I apologized for that. You took me by surprise.

ISYS
I thought hunters were supposed to have feline-like reflexes. I suppose I'm flattered that I was able to surprise you.

LUXE pulls ISYS closer to him and she doesn't resist. Once she is under his arm and his arm drapes over her shoulder, he kisses her temple.

LUXE
Everything is a surprise with you. Since the beginning...you came on to me and-

ISYS
[side eyes him]

LUXE
You did. There was no reason for you to be in the hunter area of base... unless you were looking for me.

ISYS
I was looking for something and just happened to find you.

LUXE
(surprised)
What were you looking for?

ISYS looks away and we see where her eyes have drifted. A holopicture of LUXE and three other people as children and two people: a man and woman stand behind them. It's a family portrait. LUXE is pre-teen adolescent.

LUXE follows her gaze.

LUXE
You don't have any pictures of your family up in your room.

ISYS
(frowns)
JACKI, broadcast picture of TEMPEST FAMILY.

ISYS' voice is cold, but something in her eyes tells us she cares.

An image of ISSA (barely a toddler) and ISYS (adolescent) and a man and woman appear in front of them.

LUXE gasps. It's his first time seeing her parents.

ISYS
Those are the people responsible for my being alive. Their DNA combined and created me. An X and Y chromosome.

LUXE
[nods]
You never mentioned them [points to holopicture] Your sister either.

ISYS
You didn't ask.