Episode 6: Icarian

We open just seconds after ISYS walked out of the evidence room. She's already made it to the entrance of her hallway. Her anger increasing her speed. A green aura surrounds her. Electricity surrounds her. Her face is contorted in anger. She is mumbling to herself. She doesn't key the numbers to the code in, but the door opens anyway. She walks through the opened door. Behind her, we hear someone calling her name. She ignores the call and the door closes behind her.

FURTHER UP HALLWAY.

JAMESON stands with his hands on his head, bewildered. He shakes his head and turns around. Heading back toward the evidence room.

INT EVIDENCE ROOM.

TENSION is high as the remaining investigators look at each other, unsure of how to proceed and confused on if they should rally behind ISYS, stand behind KREED, or comfort ISSA. Their loyalty is being tested. CREDENCE is the only one who speaks. She clears her throat as JAMESON walks back in.

CREDENCE
Sir, are you sure suspending TEMPEST was a good idea? With the case as --

KREED
Are you questioning my leadership decisions, Lieutenant?

CREDENCE
[recognizing that he's pulling rank]
No, Sir.

The power surges once again and the lights flicker on and off before coming back on in a dim capacity.

The HUNTERS stand and look at each other and then to LUXE.

LUXE
CALLYX, you and MAVERICK go to the engine room and see what you can do.

KREED
TEMPEST-

ISSA
[huffs]

ISSA turns and walks out of the room.

KREED
JAMESON, when we get to JOREN, I want you to check on the toolshed lead. KARI, Go to the bridge and see if you can find out what's causing these power surges.

LUXE
Think it's related to what happened on the ground with ISSA? The explosion?

CREDENCE
[shrugs]
I'll go to the bridge as well.

KREED
No. I need you in here. You're staying on board to continue eliminating students and documenting evidence. I need you to see if you can figure out the filters TEMPEST used.

TALON
Could have just asked her.

LUXE
Out!

BODHI
What do you want us to do?

LUXE
Make yourselves useful.

The power surges continue. They worsen. Alarms go off.

BODHI
It better not be a black hole or magnetic field-

BODHI continues to mumble and speculate as everyone except CREDENCE, LUXE and KREED walk out of the room.

The door remains open and LUXE walks over and physically pulls it closed. When he turns around, there is a deep frown on his face.

CUT TO

BRIDGE OF SHIP

KARI, CREDENCE, and ISSA are standing at the helm checking the boards and systems.

BODHI and TALON are working behind them. Green sparks and electricity are making their systems checks difficult.

INT. ENGINE ROOM

CALLYX and MAVERICK are staring at the engine and the controls blinking on and off. The engine is running fine, but the computers hooked up to it are not.

CALLYX
It's like the ship is going crazy.

MAVERICK
Magnetic field or something.

CALLYX
Black hole, but we didn't chart any when we did the flight plan.