Sleep Together?-Mammon

pairing: gn!reader and mammon
summary: mammon can't sleep so he asks to sleep w/ u and a confession ensues
genre: oh baby this is just pure fluff
warnings: like literally one (1) swear word, nervous mammon 
a/n: (old a/n) LMAO IF Y'ALL THOUGHT THIS WAS NSFW Y'ALL WERE WRONG LMAO THIS IS SWEET BABY MAMMON BEING HIS BABEY SELF I LOVE 1 (ONE) MAN AND IT IS THIS SOFT MOFO (new a/n) mammon is so soft, wow, i stan one (1) babyboy

You rub your eyes and yawn as you close your textbook. You had been studying since after dinner and you were ready to pass out. You groan quietly as someone knocks on your door. You swear if this was Lucifer on his stupid patrol-

"Y/n? Uh, can I come in?" 

A soft smile graces your lips as you hear Mammon's voice. Sure he was a dummy and he got you into trouble often but you couldn't help but love him. He's one of your closest friends in the Devildom and 'his first' (cue eye roll) as he never stops saying. "Come in," You call, turning your desk chair to face the doorway. "What do you need?" You manage a smile through all your tiredness.

"Uh," He rubs the back of his neck as blush creeps over his cheeks. Sure Mammon's a tsundere but he's never all nervous like this when he's bugging you. "I was wondering if uh-" He swallows harshly and drops his gaze to the floor.

"Are you sick?" You quirk a brow. "Do you want me to take care of you?" You stand before walking to his side.

"Wha- Take care of me!?" He stumbles back a bit as his arms flail. "No, no no- I-" He rubs the back of his neck again as he tries to meet your eye line.

"Mammon, what is it?" You grab his hand and gently hold it. "We're friends, you can tell me." 

That's the problem, Mammon thinks to himself. "I really haven't been able to uh- you know sleep," He finally confesses.

"Okay." You nod. "What can I do to help?" You smile at him, your quiet way of saying 'it's okay.'

"Uh," His face flushes bright red before he can finally admit what he wants. "Can I sleep with you?" He lets a few seconds pass and something clicks. "I mean not like that! You know like I-"

You laugh, "Yeah, we can sleep together." You let go of his hand before striding over to your desk. "Let me put my homework away and we can go to sleep, okay?" You look at him for approval.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." He nods before taking a seat on the edge of your bed.

"Was that all?" You chuckle as you clean.

"Uh, yeah." I didn't have to make this so fucking weird. He shakes his head as the red slowly fades from his cheeks. "I guess I didn't have to be so weird about it," He lets himself laugh.

"Yeah," You walk over to his side after finishing cleaning. "You could make anything weird," You playfully push his shoulder. 

"Shut up, human," He pushes you back. 

"You first, money-grubber." Perfect, he's comfortable now. You smile to yourself, content with your ability to cheer the demon up so easily. "Anyway, you ready to sleep?" You take a seat on your bed, looking up at him.

"Y-yeah," He awkwardly strides to the other side of your bed before sliding under your covers. He's no closer to sleep as he stares at your back. "Um," He bites his lip. Jeez, why am I so nervous? "Can I-" He slowly starts to snake his arm over your abdomen going slowly so you can push his arm away if you wanted. 

When you pull yourself toward him, grabbing hold of his arm he relaxes that you're comfortable with his touch but starts blushing like a madman. "We should do this more often," You say groggily, nuzzling into his touch. And just like that, Mammon's heart skyrockets out of his chest. "Mm," You intertwine your fingers with his. "You're so warm," 

Probably because of you! He scoots a little closer and rests his chin on your shoulder. "Y-y/n?" He's whispering now and it's not because of the proximity but because he's sure his voice isn't strong enough to be any louder.

"Hm?" You hum, starting to drift away into unconsciousness.

"I-I like you, like a lot, and I um, well, I guess I wanted to ask if you wanted to start dating?" It's a horribly stuttering mess but at least he's gotten out what he needs to say and that gives him some minimal relief. But as you turn and face him, he's just expecting rejection.

"Of course!" You smile so brightly Mammon's sure that you had been a star in another life. You wrap your arms around his neck and pull him close. "Why didn't you ask me sooner?" You whisper, your nose brushing against his. Your breath fans over his cheeks and he swears he starts melting. 

He bites his lip in sincere thought. "I- I don't know," 

You just laugh and pull him closer (somehow), "At least you asked," You chuckle.