Chapter 2

Arabella's POV

After we escaped the cops, we were on Lance's plane heading to Playa del Carmen in Mexico. I've been giving myself a neck massage for an hour now because I think the car chase gave me whiplash. Walter was drinking his juice box, and was in deep thought.

Walter swallowed his juice, and smiled. "Lovey, Bella, this is the opportunity we've been waiting for. There are so many gadgets I wanna test in the field! We've got The Binder Bubbles, Kaleidoscope, Hypnostars, Plane Throwers, Sharpedo. We've got the Multi-pen. We haven't even tried the Multi-pen and the-" Walter stopped ranting, and gasped. "I'm gonna need a code name," He added. "Bond. Hydrogen Bond." Walter said, before taking another drink of his juice.

I giggled at my brother's goofiness. "And his assistant..." I trailed off, and tried to think of a name. "Yeah, I got nothing." I finished when I couldn't think of a name.

"How about... Blue Jay?" Walter suggested.

"I like it." I smiled.

I learned my head back into the window, and closed my eyes, enjoying the air conditioning, as Walter took another huge drink of his grape flavored juice. We herd Lance screaming in the bathroom. I opened my eyes, and leaned forward, watching the bathroom door. I do not want to know what's happening in there. Walter winced at the pain sounds coming from the bathroom, and even sprayed his juice all over the floor.

Eventually, Lance came out of the bathroom covered in blue stuff.

Gross.

"Heeey, bud, everything go okay in there?" I asked with an awkward smile.

"I just found out number 1 and number 2 both come out at the same... Place. So no! Things are not okay." Lance replied, before turning around, and jumping onto the chair.

"Yeah, it's called a cloaca. It sounds weird... And gross. But having a cloaca just means-" Walter started.

"Dude!" Lance yelled, cutting Walter off. "I know what it means. I saw it in the mirror." Lance explained, pulling the screen close to him.

"We know you're not in a good place right now, but there are benefits to being a pidgeon." Walter reassured.

Lance pushed the computer screen away from him, and looked at us. "Okay, read what used to be my lips. You're are only here because A, can't work a touch screen enough to eject you, and B, you're supposed to be working on something. Correct? Again with her, I'm not sure why she's here, but she is, and she could help with... This." He said, gesturing to himself.

"Good to know I'm useful for a science experiment gone wrong." I said sarcastically.

Lance rolled his eyes at me, and turned back to my brother. "Walter, are you, or are you not supposed to be working on something?" He questioned.

"Oh, the antidote. Right. Sure. Yeah. That's gonna take 18 hours to render." Walter explained.

"I'm stuck like this- with this body- for 18- Ooh, boy... Whoo! Okay, walk this one off." Lance said to himself. He looked at us before turning his attention back to the computer, and pulled the screen closer to him.

Walter leaned over to Lance, and began to bug him with pigeon facts. Again. I just pulled out my phone and texted Zoey.

Bella: Hey, Zo, what's up?

Zoey: Where are you? There's someone asking me and Adrian a bunch of questions. They're looking for you and your brother and someone named Sterling.

Bella: Who? And what do you mean they're after us?

Zoey: I don't know, but you better hurry home. Or what's left of it. Where are you anyway?