Chapter 2: the Wizarding World

Hi! Here's chapter 2! The adorable art above does not belong to me.

Petunia woke up on the couch, with her family staring at her. Vernon was worried, Dudley was on the verge of tears, and Harry stared at her with wide eyes and trembling, unsure what was happening and was concerned too, with the letter in his hand. Petunia grasped the letter without a word. 'Give me the letter...please, Harry.' Petunia said calmly, Harry let go, still shocked, as Petunia examined the letter, a look of full of memories, bad ones.

20 years ago

'Mummy, there's a strange man at the door!' young Petunia cried, she toddled into the house, Mr. and Mrs. Evans stood up to answer the door. A red-haired girl on the couch was reading, she looked up to check out the situation. A man in rather particular clothes, a pointy hat and robes. 'Hello Mr. and Mrs. Evans, I am a professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am here to inform you that your daughter Lily Rose Evans has been accepted into our school.' Petunia and Lily watched in shock from the stairs as their parents froze, after a lot of explaining, Lily was called downstairs.

'Lily.' Ms. Evans called. Lily came obediently and stood behind her parents. The professor kneeled to her height, and said to the little girl in a big welcoming smile, 'Welcome to Hogwarts Ms. Evans!' 'You are going to be a witch Lily! A magical school!' Mrs. Evans gushed and wrapped her arms around the redhead girl, who was confused as ever. Mr. Evans was as thrilled as his wife.

Meanwhile Petunia watched from aside, disgusted. 'What about me?!' she stormed into the room, everyone stared at her. 'I'm sorry dear, but Hogwarts is for magical children...well...' the professor immediately covered his mouth, he had made a huge mistake. 'What do you mean?! Those weird things Lily did are magical?!' Petunia screamed, her insides were screaming in anger, or envy. Lily has always been the perfect daughter, but all Petunia can see was a weird abnormal girl. What can't her parents understand that? 'Petunia calm down...I won't go if it would make you happy...' Lily whispered. Petunia's heart dropped, Lily has actually always been kind to her. It's all an act, she forced herself to think, don't pity her! She doesn't love you! Blinded by her fury, she shouted at the top of her lungs, 'Stop acting like a nice girl, you FREAK!' Lily was dumbfounded, tears formed in her eyes, Petunia did too. She ran in her room, ignoring her parents calling her, sat there and cried. 'I want to go to Hogwarts, with Lily...'

Present day

Petunia stared at the letter, ripped it apart without a word. Harry raised his hand, he wanted to stop her, his face full of fear, shock. 'Vernon, we need to leave this place, before "they" come for "him".' Petunia stuttered. Vernon hesitated, then nodded, seeming to know what Petunia meant. The next day, the Dursleys and Harry packed their bags into the car, as they went to a place far away from Privet Drive. 'Mummy why did you tear Harry's letter?' Dudley demanded, Harry was silence from that incident. Dudley thought he needed to stand up for Harry. Petunia ignored him. Dudley was enraged, he has never been ignored before. 'Mummy! I demand to know now! Harry is sad because of you' 'No!' Petunia shrieked. Dudley looked like he was about to cry. Petunia calmed herself, 'I can't tell you boys, it's for your own good. I'm sorry Harry.'

That night, the Dursleys spent the night on a small hut on the rock in the middle of the sea. The house looked crumpled and fragile. Strangely it was still able to stand in the big storm in the night. Mr. and Mrs. Dursley slept on the second floor, and Dudley and Harry shared the couch on the first floor. Harry was still wide awake, clutching to his blanket. He couldn't sleep at all, maybe because of the loud lighting, the waves crashing onto the shore, or Dudley's enormous snores. Or the letter that was ripped apart by aunt Petunia. He has never seen aunt Petunia that scared before, before she passed out, she mentioned his mother's name, Lily. Maybe it was about his parents! He was so desperate to know. But who knows what happened to the letter, probably ripped apart and mixed into Dudley's dinner, considering the fact he would eat anything. No matter what happened the letter was long gone.

Suddenly the door burst opened, or dropped dead to the ground, revealing a huge figure. Harry jumped off the couch. Dudley's eyes fluttered, also tumbled down the couch screaming. The man had big bushy hair and beard, he wore a large brown coat, boots and a pink umbrella. He entered the room, while Harry backed into a corner, trying to pull Dudley in with him, but Dudley was frozen on the spot, and he was 50 times heavier when he is frozen. The man, who was a giant, spoke, 'Sorry 'bout that.' he yanked the door from the floor and put in back to the frame, he turned to Dudley, Harry had no choice but backed to the corner, praying the giant won't hurt Dudley. 'Hello Harry!' the giant greeted. 'You grown a lot since we last met, especially in here.' He poked Dudley's round stomach, causing Dudley to whimper. 'I'm...I'm not Ha...Harry...' Dudley stuttered. 'I am.' Harry walked out from the corner, adjusting his glasses which kept falling down when he was trembling. 'Well of course you are!' Hagrid said cheerfully, he remembered something, he took a box from the back of his coat, 'Got a little something for you.' Harry took it, the giant seemed nice, he opened it with caution, to find a round cake with pink frostings and green icings that wrote, "Happy Birthday Harry!" 'I know it's a day late, but still Happy Birthday!' the giant said. Harry smiled at the cake, his heart was filled with warmth and happiness. 'Thanks.' he said quietly, then looked up at the giant who sat on the couch, and lit the fireplace with a shot from his umbrella. Harry was astounded, he placed down the cake gently. 'I'm sorry but who are you?'

'Rubeus Hagrid, gamekeeper of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.' the giant, Hagrid said. 'And I'm here to take you to Hogwarts, Harry.'

I know this is different from the original, but I'm trying not to copy everything. Hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you in the next update!