Fire & Ice

Pairing: Jacob Black x Fem!Cullen!Reader

Written: December 25th, 2020

Posted: December 25th, 2020

Word Count: 747

Warning: Mentions of falling through ice

"What's their deal?" You questioned jutting your chin out towards the small group of guys

"Hm?" Bella turned her gaze to follow your stare. "Oh, they...It's complicated." She cleared her throat.

Frowning you tilted your head slightly. "Then why do they keep looking over here?"

Bella let out a sigh.

Turning to face her, you rolled your eyes. "Let me guess, it's complicated."

It was Bella's turn to frown.

"Come on, we should get back to the Cullen's house."

Linking her arm through yours, she led you to her truck.

"Let's go to La Push," Angela spoke, taking a sip of her coffee.

"You want to go to the beach in the middle of Winter?" You questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Why not? The water's frozen over, so we can walk on it."

Shrugging you nodded your head. "Okay, but if anything happens, you better save me."

Snorting Angela giggled. "Nothing's going to happen, the water is well frozen over."

Pulling into La Push, there was nobody else around. Getting out of the car, Angela handed you one of the many blankets from her car. Wrapping it around your shoulders, the hair on the back of your neck stood at attention, as the feeling of someone watching you overwhelmed you. The sound of a twig snapping in the forest made its way to your ears. Whipping your head in the direction of the sound, you gazed at the edge.

"Boo!" Angela spoke as she placed her hands on your shoulders, hoping to get a rise out of you.

Shrieking, your heart began beating at a rapid pace as you spun around to face your friend. Placing a hand over your chest you glared at her.

"Don't do that!"

The sound of Angela's laughter echoed in your ears. "Come on, scaredy-cat."

Venturing onto the ice, there was an uneasy feeling that developed in your stomach.

"Are you sure this is safe?" You questioned your voice filled with hesitation.

Angela turned to face you, giving you a knowing glare.

"Okay, okay." You spoke raising your hands in surrender as you walked onto the ice.

Hours seemed to pass by like minutes.

"I could stay here forever." You spoke in a hushed tone as you gazed at the miles of ice still in front of you.

"It's so serene here." Angela agreed, taking in a deep breath.

Just as you were about to respond, the sound of cracking began filling the air as a slight vibration was felt under your feet.

"Wh...What was that?" Angela questioned gazing at you in fear.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Your voice broke off.

"The ice." Her voice filled with fear. "Run!"

As you processed what she said, you turned toward the way you had come, bolting toward the shore.

The ice was much faster than you, reached where you were running in no time.

"Angela!" You shrieked as you saw the ice under your feet beginning to break.

"Y/N!" Angela screamed attempting to be cautious in making her way towards you. "Hang-"

The ice that was under your feet gave away before you were plunged into cold water.

At that moment, your mind had been the quietest it had ever been.

The sound of Angela's blood-curdling screams echoed. Tears began forming in her eyes as she was overwhelmed by fear. Luckily, the sound of feet hitting against the ice-filled her ears.

Glancing up, Angela saw two members of the Quileute pack.

"Seth, get Angela."

The man she guessed to be Seth, quickly made his way towards her before he began ushering her towards the shore. It seemed they made it much faster than she would've by herself.

A firm hand around your bicep was now the area of your concentration. As you were about to question the hand, you were yanked out of the water, only to be greeted with the bitter cold of Father Winter.

"Y/N?" A husky voice called from beside you. "You're gonna be okay."

Turning to face the man that was talking, you were taken by surprise at just how attractive he was. Losing your strength, you absentmindedly leaned into him, only to discover he was radiating heat.

Placing a hand under your knees, while wrapping his other around your waist, he lifted you off the ground bridal style.

As you made yourself comfortable in his arms, you couldn't stop the tired feeling that overwhelmed you.