Chapter 2

Recruitment

I never meant to kill her, it just happened in a instant. He was threatening to kill everyone in the room, I tried to save them, but instead I lost someone else, someone I cared about, I lost my mother. It was an accident. I tried to shoot the man with the gun while he was holding my mom hostage.  She said it'll be okay, but he kept provoking me. I really wanted to save her, but I ended up shooting her by accident. Now my father has left me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of the front door opening and someone sitting down on the couch next to me. "How did it go Greg?" I asked.

"It went alright."

"I see. At least you did something fun. All I did was just lay here and sleep." I sigh and look up at him. Greg was so focused on something. Funny, he's only focused on something when he's trying to hack into another computer or something.

"Hey, Fox. Come here." Greg says all of a sudden. I sit up to see his laptop on the table.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I hacked into the computer of the guy who hired me. While I was snooping around, I saw this thing that caught my eye." He turn his laptop towards me and I saw a phone number on the screen.

"So...what is this phone number?"

"This number is suppose to belong to a secret group of assassins."

"Sooo...what do you want me to do with that number?" Greg looks at me with a funny look on his face.

"I want you to call it obviously. You should get a new job Fox."

"What are you talking about? I already have one. It's assassinating people for money."

"Yeah but that's not going to last forever. Sooner or later you're going to get caught and mostly likely going to be stated as a mass murderer. So to prevent that from happening I want you to join them.

"You want me to join them cause you're afraid that I'll get caught sooner or later right?"

"Yup."

"Hell no!! I'm perfect fine the way I am right now. Besides sooner or later, wouldn't they get caught too? Its just like you said, if I get caught, shouldn't they get caught too?"

"Look Fox. I get where you're going at but you would last longer in a group rather than going solo. I'm calling them right now." Greg reaches for the phone, but I grabbed his arm. "Don't you dare Greg." He throws off my hand and dials the phone.

He dialed their number despite what I said and sat on me. I tried to push him off but he was too heavy.

"Hello? Is this The Plague? Yeah, I got someone here who would love to join your group. Yes, she's right here." By now I had no point to resist. You dumb idiotWho ever said I wanted to join? Greg handed me the phone. I looked at him and sighed.

"Hello?"

A man with a surprisingly deep voice replied, "Hello. Who is this?"

"Uh...my name is White Fox. I would like to join your group of assassins."

"What are you best at?"

"Mainly sniping, laying low, ranged combat, a little bit of close combat, and stuff like that."

"Okay, but I will need to send a foot soldier down to prove you are good enough to join us." The call ended. I looked to Greg who had a smirk on his face,

"Would stop looking at me like that, with your big fat face."

"Nah."

I smacked his face. He looks at me again while holding his cheek, "Why did you hit me?"

"I didn't hit you, I simply high fived your face." I stood up and went to the kitchen. He kept looking forward in disbelief and got up and ran after me.  I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. "That wasn't very nice of you," Greg said. I turned to him,  

"Since when was I ever nice?"

He points his finger at me and shakes it, "Th-th-that's a really good point..."

"Exactly. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a shower." I left him in the kitchen and walked to my room. I got my clothes and went to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, I see a girl staring back at me. She had short brown hair with dark brown eyes.

After I took a shower and got dressed, I heard a knock on the door.  I opened the door to see Greg, "What's up?"

"There's a guy from The Plague who wants to see you. Says he's the foot soldier who will be testing you."

"Already? Dang they're fast. Alright, I'll be down in a few." I closed the door and changed my clothes again into my tactical outfit.  Before leaving my room, I grabbed and put on my mask. I went down stairs to see a man with a paintball mask,

"Are you White Fox?" The man asks.

"Yes. Are you here to test me or something?"

"Yeah, I just got to set up the VR machine."

"What's that?"

"A virtual reality system. Hop on."

I stepped into the machine, the foot soldier tap a few buttons on his tablet, then suddenly the world around me changed into a battle field. "Alright, I set up the place to be like a sniping mission, except the enemies will attack you." the foot soldier said. A sniper rifle appeared in my hands, then a few enemies showed, one up taking cover by a withered brick wall. I then ran to a nearby hill that had a sandbag wall on it, I set my sniper up a watched carefully. I saw an enemy's head poke up so I took the shot. He collapsed dead then I switched to my pistol and ran for another position. I took cover at a shard of metal from a plane crash. I heard a footstep, then turned around to see a hostile. He tried punching me but I dodged it.

Then I grabbed his gun, twist his hand until he let go, and shot him. "One left." the foot soldier said. The a line of gunfire came down on me, so I took cover. I used my sniper to pinpoint the location the gun fire was coming from. I saw a heavily armed man with a minigun. So I took the shot but missed and hit his gun instead. The gun broke and the hostile was unarmed, so I shot him. "Congratulations, you made the team." the foot soldier said.

The battle field around me faded away and I was back in my world. I stood there, panting like a dog. "That's good. Soooo, uhh...are you gonna take me to your boss or something?" The soldier looks at me,

"Are you kidding me? I haven't even contacted him yet, let alone taking you to him." I put my hands up. Geez, whats his problem. I only asked. He left with out another word. I turned to Greg and said, "Who shoved a pistol up his butt. I only asked." Greg walks up to me and pats my shoulder,

"The world is a complicated place."

I looked at him. Like you would know. I shake my head and head upstairs to my room again. I jump onto the bed and laid there. I wonder if I'm gonna get recruited? I mean that would be hella cool. Getting to hang out and go on missions with fellow assassins. Maybe it wasn't such a bad I dear to join. My excitement took over me and I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.