Chapter 1

Beginning

"No! Don't do it!" I heard multiple gunshots followed by silence. What the hell was that? I ran towards the noise and burst into the room. It took a moment to take in the scene.  There was a guy laying against a wall with at least five bullets embbeded in his torso.  Underneath was a pool of lukewarm blood slowly oozing out of his body. "Boss, what happened here?" I questioned.  He turns around and looks at me.  He gives me a small smile and wipes blood off his cheek.  "Oh, this? He was snoopng around my desk and nearly looked at classified information." I turned and look at the man again. No, this can't be. I approached him and kneeled down.  Oh my gosh Greg. What happened to you?  I felt a lump rising in my throat and my eyes started to pool with tears.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shadow, where is his current position?" 

"He's in the second building. Currently in the lounge in his penthouse.  Wait for him to come to the window." 

"Alright, I'll get back to you when its over." I ended the call on my phone and put on headphones. I saw someone approaching me.  Damn there's a security guard here too? I acted cool as I walked to the elevator door and pressed the up button.  The guards stands next to me and looks at my case.  "You play the guitar?" I pretended to not hear him and pull off my headphones. "Huh?" I acted puzzled.  

"The guitar. Do you play?" I looked down at my "guitar case" and nodded my head.  "Yeah, just a little." 

"Can I see it? I know a little bit about guitars cause I have one too." Just when I was about to answer him, the elevator door opens.  I pointed to the elevator and said, "Are you getting on?" He nods and walks in with me.  As soon I get in, I pressed the top floor and asked, "What floor are you getting off on?" 

"The fourth." I pressed the the fourth floor button and the ride up was silent.  "So about that guitar. Can I see it?" he asked.  I hesitated. "W-well, you see. I don't really like showing people my guitar. It's kinda old."  The guard chuckled and said, "It cant be that old." I laughed a little and opened the case.  There layed a slightly worn out guitar.  The guards quietly whistled.  "That's a nice guitar you got there. By the way, why are you going to the top floor?" My hand started to get sweaty and i was about to speak but then the elevator door opened to the fourth floor.  "Well this is my stop." He got out and waved bye to me.  I waved back and the door closed again.  I exhaled and leaned against the elevator wall. That was way to close. 

When the elevator door opened again, I stepped out and climbed up the stairs to the roof.  I found the building that Shadow was talking about and set down my guitar case.  Clicking a hidden button, the case opens, revealing my beautiful sniper rifle. I take out of its case and start setting it up.  When I was done setting it up, I put on my mask that was white and had red stripes under the left eye and was shaped like a fox. Laying down on the ground and I put my eye near the scope.  

The target was sitting down on the couch watching tv.  I waited patiently and  sure enough, he got up and looked outsde the window.  I took a deep breath and held it while I adjusted to my surroundings. The wind isnt blowing that hard so I should be okay. My hands slowly began to steady and I slowly squeezed the trigger.  Then a loud gunshot was made and the target dropped to the ground.  Mission accomplished.  I quickly took apart my rifle and my mask and packed it into the case.  Running down the stairs and to the elevator, I got onto it.  Breathing heavily, I took out my phone and dialed Shadow's number. "Hello?" 

"Yo! Guess who just finished up?" I said slowly catching my breathe.

"You sound like you just ran a marathon."