𝐂𝐇27 : 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱

[ third person ]

---

His phone began vibrating when an incoming call graced him. It was Denji with an innocent question that was sure to set the blond off in one way or another. "Hello?" He answered, sitting up from his bed.

"Yo, Tsukishima. Sorry to bother but I was wondering if you were still going to the party?" Denji questioned with a hum. "Or the wedding in general?"

"For who?"

"Dude," Denji sighed, "For Kageyama and [y/n]. It's this weekend."

The male dragged a hand down his face upon recalling the special event that had been long awaited for many people. Not Tsukishima though. He muttered, "Ah, yeah, I forgot about it. I'll go for a bit, I guess."

"Good. Bring a nice gift. Talk to you later."

"Yeah..." When Denji finally hung up, Tsukishima threw his phone aside and dragged his hand down his face. A long sigh left his lips as his eyes fell upon the wedding invitation that was pinned to his bulletin board over in the corner of the room.

'We invite you to join us for the wedding of Tobio and [f/n]. Hope to see you there!'

He wondered why he was even invited when he hadn't been in contact with either of them in the past two years. You couldn't blame him for being surprised when he saw such a fancy envelope in his mail and finding out that his ex-girlfriend was getting married to Kageyama Tobio, the pro volleyball player and high school 'friend.'

His tired gold eyes lingered on the picture of [y/n] that was plastered on her wedding invitation. Her lips were curled upwards into a bright smile as she hugged Kageyama who kissed her cheek. They looked so happy.

Tsukishima couldn't even remember the last time he saw her smile like that.

His body slowly hunched over as an ache filled his chest. I don't want to go.

[ t i m e s k i p ]

Tsukishima was uneasy even after the entire wedding ceremony. He was forced to [y/n] and Kageyama stare lovingly into one another's eyes as they said their vows, promising to look after one another for the rest of their lives. He tore his eyes away when the couple kissed, smiling at each other softly.

Now, he was stuck at the after party because Denji urged to him to come along. This was the part where he'd be forced to talk to [y/n] and Kageyama after so long.

Lucky for him, he was one of the first people they decided to talk to after Kageyama's family.

"Tsukishima? Hey." [y/n] greeted, waving at the blond who looked up at the two. Kageyama's arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her close as he sipped wine with the other hand. "I'm glad you made it."

"Uh...yeah." He rocked on his heels, looking between the two. "Congrats..on your marriage. The decorations were, uh, nice."

"Thanks." Kageyama nodded, motioning to [y/n]. "She was having a whole meltdown about the color theme because she wanted it to match our b-" He was cut off by the [h/c] lightly slapping him. "Oh, right. Secret."

"Go talk to Ushijima and watch the other guys to make sure they don't eat everything." [y/n] directed, kissing Kageyama's lips chastely and pushing him away. The raven haired male walked away to talk his teammates. She turned to face Tsukishima, smiling politely.

"You looked, uh, good." Tsukishima complimented, eyes glazing over the dress he found to be quite appealing.

She smoothed out her dress. "Thank you. You clean up quite well. Your hair is still long as ever though."

The male reached up to grab a piece of his fringe, brushing it aside. "Ah, yeah, I haven't had the time to go cut it. I've been working two jobs now."

"Oh, really? That sounds rough. I've been trying to find a job, but Tobi is being stubborn these days."

"Stubborn?"

She laughed, "Yeah, he doesn't want me to go to work because he swears he can handle everything on his own. Besides, it's our first child so he wants me to take it easy for all nine months." The moment she realized what she had said, her laughing stop.

"Your first child...?" He repeated, unsure if he had heard it right. Oh god, he could feel his heart tearing to pieces as he listened to her.

She laughed sheepishly, laying her hand flush against her stomach. "Haha, yeah. It was supposed to be a surprise for everyone but I'm pregnant. Five months so far."

Tsukishima was frozen. What was he supposed to say when his heart was aching? The realization that this truly was the end of everything they've ever had hurt more than he had ever imagined. Marriage and a child? There was no going back after that.

"Tsukishima?"

He shook his head, plastering a thin smile on his lips. "Congrats. It's a big thing to have kids, you know? I'm sure you and Kageyama will be great parents."

"It's strange to hear you being nice!" She laughed, lightly slapping his arm. "But thank you! I hope everything is well for you too!"

"[y/n], we have to do the surprise." Kageyama reminded, grabbing his wife's hand to pull her over to the front. [y/n] simply waved at Tsukishima, walking off with Kageyama excitedly.

As soon as she faced away from him, he turned around and walked out of the venue, in desperate need for air. He felt dizzy and nauseous, sick to the point where his body began to sweat coldly. He wanted this to stop.

- (lol imagine if that was the end)

"Kei, wake up!" His mother called out, knocking on his room door loud enough to wake him from his slumber. The blond laid in his spot, breathing heavily as he squinted at the ceiling. The sweat that covered his body was the same as his dream and he felt sick. So..it was a dream, huh?

Grabbing his phone, he checked the date and realized that it had only been three months since [y/n] ended things between the two. He scrolled through his notifications and saw a single text from Denji from about half an hour ago.

denji
yo
takamitsu and i are
going for drinks tonight @ 8
wanna come with?

tsukishima
sure

---

[ a/n : as much as i love kageyama and y/n in this story, it'll always be tsukki endgame 💔 give it some time and trust the process 😏 ]