𝐂𝐇49 : 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝗻

[ third person ]

---

"Morning, [y/n]!" Hitomi beamed softly once the female came down the stairs with a yawn. [y/n] beamed back at her, reaching up to brush a strand of hair out of her face. Hitomi gasped when she saw the new piece of jewelry on her finger. "Honey! Did he ask you already?"

"Hehe, yeah, last nigh- Wait, you knew?"

Hitomi put a hand over her mouth and rushed to [y/n]'s side to hug her tightly. The two females embraced one another, one step closer to being actual family. "Kei told us that he wanted to propose today, so we would all leave you two alone. I guess something happened and it happened last night instead."

"Yeah," She snickered. "He forgot the box in the bed and I found it underneath me."

Hitomi shook her head with a laugh. "He can be so scatterbrained when he's nervous."

"It's cute though." [y/n] chuckled, following Hitomi into the kitchen to help with breakfast. Tsukishima came down the stairs with a crease between his eyebrows as he searched the room. When his eyes fell on the [h/c] female who stood beside his mother, he felt somewhat better but still annoyed.

As if sensing his presence, she glanced back and waved at Tsukishima. "Morning, Kei."

"Oh, goodmorning, Kei!" His mother greeted as the male slid into the kitchen, grabbing [y/n]'s wrist and tugging her out of the kitchen. Hitomi pretended not to notice her son dragging the girl away as she continued to cut the strawberries in front of her.

"What're you doing?" [y/n] whispered quietly once they were out of the kitchen. They stood around the corner with her back against the wall. Tsukishima wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his head in the crook of her neck. The girl shivered with a light laugh, "Your hair tickles. What the heck are you doing?"

"You were gone." The male muttered as he squeezed her body, basking in her familiar scent that put him to ease.

"Gone?" She questioned but soon understood. "Oh, this morning?"

When the female had woken up earlier this morning, she had gotten up and took a shower before going downstairs to greet Hitomi who was awake too. When Tsukishima awoke, he was greeted by an empty, cold bed that had no sign of the girl. It was irrational but he panicked and worried that he rushed the whole proposing thing.

Relief filled his body when he went downstairs and found the girl in the kitchen with his mother. He seriously needed to stop being so negative and think positively for once.

"Aww, you miss me that much?" She teased, wrapping her arm around his body and pulling him closer. The male rolled his eyes and tightened his grip on her hard enough to make her yelp then slap his arm. "That hurt."

"A cold, empty bed hurts too." He scoffed, pulling away when he heard the footsteps of his brother nearing. As soon as his body disconnected from hers, Akiteru peeked around the corner and stifled a laugh when he saw his brother's reddened face.

"Breakfast is ready. Are you two going out afterwards?" Akiteru asked, earning a clueless shrug from the female who glanced at Tsukishima. His younger brother nodded, brushing past Akiteru to eat breakfast. "I guess you are."

The older male shot her an amused smirk when he saw the shiny ring in her finger. "Congrats. I'm happy for you both."

A cheek-splitting grin graced her lips as she bowed to Akiteru. "Thank you for welcoming me into your family."

Wrapping his arms around the female, he hugged her tightly, swaying side to side. "Ahhh, our family is growing! I'm glad you're here with us!"

"Ehem." Tsukishima cleared his throat, not too keen on the idea of his older brother holding her that closely. "This is sweet and all, but I'd prefer you not embrace my fiancée like that, Nii-chan."

Akiteru put down the female and sighed, "So stingy. I just want to congratulate her."

"You can congratulate her from afar." The blond male said as he grabbed [y/n] hand, tugging her in the direction of the dining room. Akiteru followed after, laughing about how jealous his little brother was when it came to [y/n].

"I'm not jealous."

"No need to lie, Kei. We all know it."

"I'm not jealous, Nii-chan."

"Sureeee!"

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

"This is the place you wanted to take me?" [y/n] asked as they stood in front of a large house. She wondered if it was his family's home since the house looked furnished and alive from the outside. "Is this your brother's house?"

"Nope." Tsukishima said as he opened the front door, placing his shoes on the shoe rack beside the door. "I'm home."

[y/n] bowed awkwardly and looked at Tsukishima, "Pardon my intrusion."

Interlacing their hands, Tsukishima led her down the hall and brought her into the living room. Everything seemed new and beautiful, which made her wonder why the hell they were even here.

"Oh my, is this us?" [y/n] asked as she looked at a picture frame on the nightstand beside the couch. She picked up the frame and admired the picture of them from high school. Now that she looked around, pretty much all the frames contained pictures of the two. "Kei...whose house is this?"

Turning to her, he flashed her a close-lipped smile as he jingled the keys in front of her face. "Ta-da." It sounded so monotonous, which is why it made her jaw drop and her hand fly up to cover her mouth.

"This is our house?" She could practically feel the tears pricking her eyes at the thought of this home being their own home for the two of them. No stuffy apartment. Just a beautiful house for the two of them. "How..?"

"Mom, Dad and Nii-chan helped pitch in to buy it but it was mostly out of my pocket. I'd rather not live in your apartment forever." Tsukishima said as he put the keys in his pockets, wrapping his arms around the female who laughed softly. "This is where we'll live from now on."

"I'm so happy." She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled, "Thank you, Kei. I love you."

He captured her lips in a soft kiss, one that made her knees weak. Pulling away ever so slowly, he stared into her eyes and smiled genuinely. "I love you too, [y/n]."

---

[ a/n : ONE MORE DAY YALL 🥲 IT MAKES ME SAD ASF BC I GOT ATTACHED TO THIS BOOK AAAAAAA ]