Chapter 1

LILITH POV: I walk into the new barn greeted by a lovely lady named Sarah, "Hello I'm Sarah! I am the owner of Wood Creek Riding Academy! You must be Lilith?" She says, her brown hair up in a pony tail and a huge smile is plastered on her face.

     "Um yes actually!" I respond.

     "Oh good golly welcome welcome welcome! So why did you choose to come here?" Her excitement caught me off guard, jeez could someone come and help me out here?! 'Shes kinda creepy if you do ask me' I thought to myself. I saw her gaze beating down on me as I didn't respond soon enough.

     "Oh sorry for not responding quickly, kinda in my own world haha... But I came here as I saw your Facebook page and you said that you guys do dressage, show jumping, hunter jumper and etc. I would really like to take on the Hunter Jumper World and try to succeed in it, that's why I came..."

     "Oh I love that! Well wanna hop on?" Her words saying 'wanna hop on' startled me as I was not exactly expecting to ride on my first day! But hey, I'll take it!

     "Oh yeah for sure!"

     "Oh good follow me! Now remember we have many horses so if you don't seem to click with one you can try another one! Kay?"

     "Okay sounds good!" Now this was getting pretty exciting!

-----

We arrive at a stall in the beautiful barn, the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the stalls with beautiful v shaped openings so the horses can look out into the isle way, the black bars on the stall doors, the clean barn, it was beautiful! I was snapped back to reality as Sarah spoke, "well here is Frosty!" He was a beautiful grey. (if anyone didn't know a grey is a white horse :)) "Frosty is a 16.2hh OTTB, now I know he isn't exactly what you would find in the Hunter ring as he's not a fancy Warmblood but he's really good actually! You will be riding him so I can see where you are at and if you need more horse, ya know what I mean?"

     "Thanks! Hey Frosty boy" I said as I patted his head. I grabbed his leather halter and leather leadrope and put it on him. I lead him out of his beautiful stall and into the stone floored isle way. I walked him up to the crossties and clipped them on as I took his lead rope off and hung it on a nearby hook.

     "Here is your grooming bag and I will go and grab his tack from the tack room!"

     "Thanks!" I said as I took a curry comb out of the fancy big Noble Outfitters Grooming bag. I went in circles and found his spot on his neck, I laughed as he stuck his head up in the air and closed his eyes. I moved onto the body brush and watched some dust be wiped right off his grey coat. Sarah arrived back as I was picking out his hooves and placed his tack on a tack stand right by me.

     "I'll be in the ring waiting for you, no need to rush as there are others out there to keep me preoccupied!" I chuckled as I nodded my head and continued to pick out all four of his hooves. I put the hoof pick back into the bag and pulled out the mane and tail detangeler and the mane and tail brush. I brushed through his mane like nothing but his tail was another story. I just gave up after a few minutes and decided I would fix it after my ride as I didn't want to be late for Sarah. I grabbed his Voltaire saddle pad and placed it on his back, I then grabbed his sheep skin half pad and popped it on his saddle pad. The brown pretty saddle was in my eyesight as I picked it up and put it on the sheep skin half pad. I grunted as I tried putting up his girth but be puffed out, I managed to get it though after a lot of effort. I picked up his brown open front jumping boots and velcroed them on. I picked up my 2k wide brim helmet and put it on my head clipping up the chin strap or whatever you wanna call it. I picked up his bridle and slid off his halter and got the nice brown bridle on. I walked him out of the beautiful barn, all I heard was his shoes clicking on the stone floor. We walked out and saw Sarah in the outdoor.

-----

     "Ok start at a walk to warm him up. How is he?"

     "He's doing really good! He's so focused!"

     "Good, good, good!" I walked him around the ring switching directions and all that jazz warming him up.

     "Ok go up to a trot!" I squeezed him on and he quickly picked up the trot, I got on the correct diagonal, my heels down, I was doing great! "Wow you look amazing Lilith! Keep it up!"

     "Thanks" We did some transitions from walk to trot and trot to walk and stuff.

     "Ok now halt. Good. Now pick up the correct lead canter from the halt" I put my outside let back and lifted up my inside rein and kissed, yes he picked up the correct lead canter!

     "Amazing! Do a few more laps and all the stuff we have been doing while I bring out a few jumps, kay?"

     "Sounds good!" I brought my seat to walk, he walked, I picked up the canter, he cantered. He was like a dream come true! And before I knew it Sarah was back telling us to jump over this jump. '3, 2, 1' I thought, 'leg! Yes we are going over! Land, sit, YESSSS!' I thought to myself, boy was I happy on the inside.

     "Yes Lilith!!! That was beautiful!!!! So good!" Frosty tossed his head around as he was proud of himself. Sarah directed us to a line and I lined Frosty up, '3, 2, 1! Leg, ok we are soaring, land, light seat, 3, 2, 1, leg, sweet we are going up, land, light seat. YESS WE DID IT!' I thought to myself and before I knew it Frosty was tossing his head and let out a little buck! "That was amazing! Frosty sure is happy! Poor guy hasn't been worked in a few days! After a few more jumps we started to cool out and Sarah was talking to me.

-----

     I put his leadrope back on and led him into the wash stalls, I clipped on the crossties to his pretty halter and hosed him off, I watched all the sweat fall off his body. After I sweat scraped him I put on his fly mask and walked him out to his paddock. There were three other horses with him in this HUGE paddock! I couldn't imagine if a horse refused to go inside in this paddock, that would take a long time! I opened up the gate and turned him around, I unclipped his halter and watched him walk away to his friends.

*:-:*
     What do you guys think? Any good for the first chapter? I'll continue tomorrow as I gotta go to sleep. Let me know what you guys think about it! Love you!