The Gala

The annual Christmas Gala was held in the big banquet hall in the center of town. The decorations were all out but elegant. White lights covered the pillars and went around the frames of the doors, the ceiling of the main room had silver and gold streamers hanging from it, on every table there was a mini Christmas tree with tiny silver or gold ornaments, and much more. As you walk into the main room you see a section of tables where everyone would be socializing and eating the appetizers. Past the tables there was a dance floor and past the dance floor was the stage where Nick would be giving his big speech. The room smelt of sweets and expensive perfumes and colognes.

Currently Nick was in a dressing room behind the stage getting ready for his speech. Reading it over and over again to make sure it was good. Currently he was wearing a red suit and a black tie. It was tradition for only the Claus family to wear red to the Galas especially when a new Santa is being appointed. He was only wearing that suit until Benny brought him his other one. Today not only was Nick going to be exposing the thief at the gala but he will also be breaking tradition.
A knock was heard at the door.
"Come in," Nick shouted.
"It's us honey," his mother said sweetly.
"We just wanted to come in and wish you luck before your big speech son," Santa said.
Nick got up from his seat and gave his parents a hug.
"Thank you guys," Nick said.
"We're so proud of you," Mrs. Claus said.
"You'll make an excellent Santa," his dad said.
"Thank you. I only hope to make you guys proud," Nick said sincerely.
"You have Nick. You have," Mrs. Claus said.
"Well we better get to our spot and go over our introductions. We will see you in a few minutes Nick," Santa said.
His parents left the room and headed toward the side of the stage. As soon as his parents left Benny came running into the room with a bag. Benny was wearing a simple black suit and black bow tie with a white undershirt.
"What took you so long?!" Nick asked.
"I was making sure everyone got in okay including Greta," Benny said.
"She's here?!" Nick asked.
"Yes she's here. They're all in the back. Now come on we have five minutes until you need to be on that stage," Benny said taking his other suit out of the bag.
Nick changed into his new suit and walked to the side of the stage as his parents were giving their introductions.
This could either go really well or really not, Nick thought as he stood there waiting for his parents to call his name.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Greta said as she was getting her dress on.
"Come on G this is gonna be fun," Heather said.
"Yeah ok let's see how this whole exposing thing goes and then we will talk," Greta said.
"Well how do I look," Heather said.
Heather had her hair tied up in a pony tail with the ends curled. She was wearing a halter neck gold dress that was slim fitted. The dress was sparkly and had beads on it. She was wearing a pair of short gold heels to go with it. Her makeup was very simple. Gold eyeshadow, some light blush, and light pink lipstick.
"You look stunning Heather. Benny's jaw is going to fall off his face," Greta said laughing.
Heather laughed, "thanks G. You look amazing as well."
Greta was wearing an off the shoulder red dress. It was fitted at the top and flowy at the bottom. She was wearing silver heels. Her hair was down and curled. She had simple eye makeup with a bold red lipstick.
"Thanks. This is very not me but I can't help but like it," Greta said.
"Come on the boys are all waiting downstairs," Heather said.
The girls left Heather's room and walked down the stairs. The boys were all at the bottom waiting for them. As soon as Benny saw Heather he was speechless.
"Wow, you look- wow," Benny said.
Heather giggled at his reaction, "thank you. You look pretty wow too."
"Don't worry Greta you look wow too," Eben said.
Greta rolled her eyes and laughed, "Thanks. You two look great," she said to Brody and Eben.
Eben was wearing a black turtle neck with a blazer over it and his silver chain. He had brown dress shoes on and black dress pants and his hair like it usually is.
Brody was wearing a silver sparkly blazer with a black bow tie and black dress pants. His hair was gelled back.
"Alright let's head out. We wouldn't want to be too fashionably late," Brody said.
The group piled into a car and drove toward the gala. When they got there everyone was already inside and waiting for Nick to give his speech. Benny headed to the dressing rooms with a bag to check in with Nick.
The rest of them sat at a table in the back. The people who saw them have them dirty looks but they didn't care.