Prologue

A/N: Grammatical errors. Characters may be OOC. Enjoy reading! The whole book contains manga spoilers. Beware.

PROLOGUE

He was on his way to the college, both hands are inside his pockets as he tried not to listen to the old man beside him

He was on his way to the college, both hands are inside his pockets as he tried not to listen to the old man beside him. "Satoru! Listen to me! You need to have a wife as soon as possible! And have a baby! You need to continue our bloodline and raise a powerful heir and sorcerer!"

"Blah! Blah! I don't need to listen to you." The eccentric man replied as he continued to stride down the corridor.

"Satoru!" The old man beside Satoru stopped as he watched Satoru slowly turning into a dot, fading away from his vision.

He sighed, "Is he still into her?"

The old man words replayed several times into Satoru's head. No matter how much he think about it, for him, it's already impossible to find another woman suitable for him.

There's no one like her.

He stopped as he let out a sigh. His actions were out of character of him. He pulled his hands from his pockets and pulled down his blindfold too, as he lifted his head, staring at the sun and raised his right hand over his face, his hand shadow loomed over his face.

The wind blows as his hair slightly danced along the wind.

A wife, and a baby? Sounds nice.

He wondered how it feels to have a wife and a baby. He always wanted to create a family, unlike the family he grew up to.

He wanted to have a family — full of love, not a family created to make a child just to continue a bloodline.

If I need to have a wife and a baby,

If I want to have a family,

I want it to be with her. No one else.

And then suddenly, a flashback appeared on his mind, forcing him to reminisce a memory filled with nothing but the memories with his only love.

"This child will be the living evidence of the love we shared that day."

"Satoru, I'm only giving you these scars but someday, you will understand my heart."

Satoru clenched his teeth, "Bullshit. How would I understand, if you don't want me to understand?"

And just like that, everything — happiness, shattered like a fleeting dream made to be forgotten the next day.

SHIRABUBBLEBUTT | 2021