Chapter 7

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up. A groan escapes my mouth and I grab my phone, answering the call. 

"Hello?" I say, my voice is groggy and tired from sleep. I hear a small chuckle through the phone. 

"You're still sleeping?" A low rumbly voice asks me. I sit up in my bed, my eyebrows furrowed. Who the hell am I talking to?

"I was." I reply.

"It's 10 AM in England." I hear him say with a smile on his lips. All of a sudden, the gears start turning in my head and I realise who is calling me.

"Don't judge me, Clay." I say back, a yawn escaping my mouth. A chuckle rumbles through the phone, sending shivers down my body. "So, what's up"? I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me with the script?" He asks me.  A smile forms on my lips. 

"I would love to." I chirp, "Let me get ready and I'll call you back." 

"Okay, see you later, Bella." 

"Bye, Clay." 

After 2 minutes of debating whether I want to leave the comfort of my own bed, I drag myself out and walk into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and wince. I take my toothbrush and begin brushing my teeth. Then I wash my face and put in my contacts. I take my hairbrush and run it through my hair a few times. 

I walk downstairs and make myself some toast, to keep my stomach from rumbling. I munch it down and look around my house. My sister was at school and both my parents were at work. I sigh at the emptiness surrounding me and quickly finish my toast, not wanting Clay to wait any longer. 

After I cleaned up my plate, I walk back upstairs and turn on my PC, launching the very app that woke me up this morning. I click on Dream and give him a call. 

"Hey, Bella!" He chirps, a smile audible on his lips.

"Happy to hear me, I see." I say, holding back a giggle.

"Don't get too excited about it." He retorts as the familiar fluttery feeling returns to his stomach, "Anyway, you ready to start writing the script?" 

"Yes." 

We begin chatting about the SMP and what we think should be next. Many different ideas are thrown out, most of them being rejected. Many debates spark as we both try to mold the storyline. 

"No, Clay." I say, annoyance visible on my face.

"What do you mean 'no'! It makes perfect sense." He replies, slight aggravation laced in his voice as he makes gestures with his hands.

"How does Day falling for Dream make any sense? She's supposed to give him balance, not follow his orders." I argue, Clay is evidently trying to weaken my badass character to make himself look stronger. 

"She's not going to follow him blindly, Bella! It's just that, I think there should be more romance between them." He says, his voice getting louder.

"Well, there is! Dream is infatuated with her." I stand my ground, also raising my voice. I don't want Day to lose any power.

"And Day likes that and the power she has over him. You can't convince me that she wouldn't eventually gain any feelings for him." Clay almost shouts, stubbornness a clear part of his nature. I huff and fold my arms. 

"She wouldn't." I say back, volume of my voice matching his. I get the feeling that he is deliberately trying to piss me off. And unfortunately for me, it's working.

"You're telling me you wouldn't fall for a guy who's whole world revolves around you?"

"I'm telling you that Day wouldn't."