Chapter 3

The next 2 weeks have been strangely nice. Dream has been joining me almost every time I log into the SMP and has been continuously trying to convince me to side with him, whether one of us is streaming or not. I will admit that I've enjoyed his company, but I'm not quite ready to pick a side. Surprisingly, Dream has given me the choice of who I want to side with in the storyline because he hasn't yet started writing the ending for his arc. Either way, he told me that his character will be spending a lot of time with mine. 

Clearing my thoughts, I log onto the SMP. After a short while Dream joins the server and begins annoying me in record time.

"Oh come on Day, you know you wanna be on my side." Dream says. I just reply by laughing. 

"Why would I?" I ask amused. 

"Well. I am handsome, funny, witty, clever and-" Dream begins.

"Alright, alright. We get it, you love yourself." I laugh and continue farming my wheat.

"In my defense, who wouldn't?" He says cockily which makes me roll my eyes.

"I can think of at least one person."

"Oh yeah?"

"Me." I say, breaking out into a grin.

"That will change soon Princess." He says confidently. I feel heat climb up my neck and settle in my cheeks. A bright red blush covers my cheeks. Why has he just called me that? And why did I like it?

As my brain searches for an annoying reply, Dream speaks up, "Thank you for the 5 gifted subs!"

And everything becomes crystal clear. He's streaming. Of course, he's streaming.

"Well Dream, I guess we will see who's side I pick." I say, changing the subject. "However you don't really have a side, do you Dream?"

"What do you mean by that?" Dream asks.

"Well, L'Manburg is its own country. We have El Rapids too and the Badlands. And obviously, Tommy is in exile and not to mention that Techno is out there somewhere too. You're on your own." I explain, "Why would I ever side with you?"

"You're right Day. I have nobody. Which is why I need you because you're hands down the best player on the server right now and I think we'd make a perfect couple." Dream says.

I stop farming and look at his green character. I let his words sink in and smile to myself.

"You're good with your words huh." I say with a smile. 

"I try." He says and I can hear his grin which makes me giggle.

As I finish crafting my bread, Dream clears his throat. I look at him and he holds out one of Tommy's music discs.  I am yet to speak to Tommy but it was on my to-do list; before I decide who I'm planning on siding with.

"Day, I want you to have this." He says and throws the disk in front of me.

"What? Dream? Why?" I ask, almost frantically. There is no way that he is trusting me with one of the most important items on the server.

"Because I want to show you that I'm being serious. I want you to side with me. I want you to be with me through everything that happens. I need you to balance me out because you're the good that I lack." He says. I chew on my lip and take the disc.

"Dream, I-I need to think about this." I stutter to him, completely overwhelmed with the responsibility and trust he just gave me. He s imply nods with his character, "I'll let you know tomorrow Dream. I need to speak to Tommy first."