Chapter 9

I log onto the MCC server and immediately the rush of adrenaline begins to set into my body. I quickly start the stream and welcome all my viewers. "Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Today is my 3rd MCC and the first MCC of the year. conveniently, the day before Valentine's so our Team names are different from normal." I giggle at the last part as I show my stream my team name: Lime Lovers. 

"Anyway, I'm going to join my team's call now so I'll talk to you guys after we win." I say confidently and join Wilbur, Nihachu, and Dream on the Discord call. 

"Hello Day!" Will and Nikki say simultaneously, causing them to giggle. 

"Hello!" I chirp and begin running around the map, admiring the new decorations for Valentine's Day. 

"Hello?" I hear Dream say after a minute, "Can you hear me?" 

"Yes we can." I reply, "Unfortunately." I add cheekily, making the other 2 teammates giggle. 

"Oh come on, you love my deep, rumbly voice." He says, making his voice deeper to prove his point. I roll my eyes, but his voice does bring shivers down my spine and a fire lights in my core. Luckily, before I embarrass myself more, Nihachu asks us all to come to the podium so we can take some screenshots for our thumbnails.  

After a short while, we're in the voting ring. We see the list of games show up and as the first game, we don't really mind what is chosen but preferably, it would be one of our weakest games so we don't lose too many points. Immediately, Dream and I begin debating which games we want to play and which ones we do not.

"Skybattle is one we definitely want." I say to Dream but he just huffs.

"No, it will be the last resort." He says which makes me put my hands in my hair from annoyance.

"You're SO annoying! We're all good at PVP so Skybattle will be an easy win." I continue arguing. 

"The other teams are also very good at PVP. Especially Techno and Sapnap who are on the SAME team, may I remind you." He snaps.

"I get this odd feeling that we won't be winning this MCC." Wilbur says and Nihachu agrees, stifling a giggle at our childish behaviour.

"Let's just focus on having fun." She says which makes Dream and I stop arguing. 

After a few games, Parkour Warrior was elected. Since Dream and I are unable to agree on pretty much anything, we somehow end up competing against each other. 

"Ha! I'm ahead of you." Dream says victoriously. 

"You're gonna fall in 3. 2. 1-" I say and as I predicted he falls. 

"Guys, you do realise that you're both on the same team?" Nihachu asks laughing. We both stay silent as we focus entirely on the parkour. Even though we are on the same team, we are both competing for first place on the individual player leaderboard. Currently, Dream was in the first place, me in second but I completely blame that on miscommunication during Skybattle. 

In a matter of a few seconds, Dream and I are both racing to the throne. I jump into the throne, Dream doing the same milliseconds after. "YES! I WON!" I exclaim, the adrenaline rushing through me. 

"Yeah, yeah." Dream says defeated but I can hear his smile. 

"Well done you guys!" Wilbur congratulates us along with Nihachu. Our team managed to move up to third place but, unfortunately, we didn't make it to the finals. 

"All I'm saying is that Dream screwed us over." I say as we jump around the final arena, watching the finalists compete. 

"What?" Dream exclaims, "You screwed me over!" He argues.