1

"So, we have a new team member" Tony announced. I took a deep breath before stepping out into the enormous common room. All of the avengers sat on a big couch looking at me suspiciously.  "Hi, I'm y/n," I said, awkwardly putting my hand up in a lame wave. "Hello y/n, i-im Peter". I chuckled a little, "yea, I know who you are" I said, smiling at Peter. He was cute and seemed nervous. "Tony, what's a 13-year-old doing here? We don't need another annoying teen," Steve said. I looked at him, his muscles were flexed, he was obviously tense and I had a strong feeling that he didn't want me here.  His comment was said as a joke, but I could sense that he meant it. "Hey!" Me and Peter said at the same time. I locked eyes with him and he looked down, blushing. I turned my attention towards Cap. "First off, I'm sixteen, and arent you like 98?" Nat smiled. "I like her" She stated. Steve rolled his eyes. I'm pretty sure that my comeback made Steve hate me, but everybody else likes me a little bit. " What's her thing?" Clint asked. Tony turned towards me. "Right, Y/n was a forced mercenary until she was 15 and managed to escape." Steve looked up at me. "Your a soldier?" he asked, looking just as cold as before, but something in his voice had changed, he sounded empathetic. I nodded.
"Also," Tony said, nodding at a candle that stood in front of me. I smiled, did a small movement with my hands and the candle lit up. "Woa" everybody mumbled. 
"Girl of the fire," Thor chuckled. "Pete, why don't you show y/n to her room?" Tony said. "Sure" Peters face lit up as he looked at me. "This way y/n"

Peter and I walked into the elevator. "Fri floor 35 please," He said as the doors closed. "Everybody shares a floor with someone, and Tony thought that it would be good for you to get comfortable with someone your own age, so we share the floor" Peter explained with a smile. I relaxed a little bit when I heard that the two of us would live close, he was funny and nice and I think that he didn't hate me. We walked out of the elevator and into a big room. The room had a small kitchen, a dining table and a couch with a big tv. "We always eat down in the main kitchen, this is just a formality, I never use it" Peter nodded at the brand new kitchen. He walked over to the fridge and opened the door, revealing at least 20 energy drinks. He grabbed a Gatorade and threw it to me. "Except for this, the others hates these types of drinks, so if you want to drink them, do it here". I nodded as I took a  big sip out of the Gatorade and smiled as I felt the fluid fill my mouth. "Red, my favorite," I said and Peter laughed. He pointed at a door in the back of the room with a spider decal on it. "That's my room, I usually keep the door closed, but you can always come in," He said friendly. "And over there is your room" Peter pointed at a door on the other side of the room. I walked over and turned the doorknob, revealing a big dark room. "FRIDAY turn on the lights," He said and the lights turned on. My room was beautiful with dark walls and a big rug covering the floor. Towards one of the walls my bed stood. It was kingsized and had at least five fluffy pillows, I got an impulse to throw myself onto it and just go to sleep. God, I was exhausted, when was the last time I had slept? maybe two days ago? But the nightmares kept me awake, I would do anything to forget those memories.

"Hey, let's go downstairs and help with dinner," Peter said suddenly. I looked up at him and smiled.
"Sure spider boy," I said as we started walking towards the elevator.
"Spider boy? really, is that what you want to call me?" He chuckled. I shrugged a little bit but remained quiet as I watched him. Damm he was cute