2

"So lady y/n, tell us about yourself," Thor said, handing me a few plates from the highest shelf of the cupboard. "What do you want to know?" I asked as I started placing the plates around the big dining table. "More about you, family, hobbies, anything you can name," Natasha said. I thought for a second before talking. "Well, I like painting, especially using natural things to make paints. I was born in a small village in the Amazonas, where my brother and I used to paint using the chlorophyll from leaves and stuff like that," I paused looking around the room.

"Steve paints as well, don't you Capsicle? Maybe the two of you could do that together" Tony said, unbothered by the obvious 'I'd rather not' look on Steve's face. "Mmpf" Steve mumbled with his lips pressed tightly together. I smiled a little bit in a try to conceal my real feelings. Not sure if anyone bought it tho, lying had never been my strong suit, and from what I had been told Natasha was like a human lie detector. 

"Foods ready" Bruce announced and brought a big pot of something to the middle of the table. "Please say it's normal food and none of your weird vegetarian nonsense," Clint said, avoiding a hit in the head from Bruce. "It's spaghetti and tomato sauce, I helped cook it!" Peter exclaimed proudly as he sat down, plating some food. "On Asgard, a man who can cook is very popular with the ladies and someone who you shall seek to be in a relationship with," Thor said. "Don't you think Peter is a good cook lady Y/n?" He asked innocently, totally oblivious to the meaning of his statement.

I almost choked on my food, everybody else started laughing and Peter's cheeks lit up red. "Aww, look spider boy is blushing" Clint pointed out. "Shut up, am not!" Peter insisted as he put his hands over his cheeks to cover them. "So is y/n" Tony added. Only then I realized that my cheeks were heating up as well. 

"Anyways Y/n, I want to know more bout you," Bruce said, saving both me and Peter from the awkward situation. Grateful to change the subject I quickly began telling them about small and meaningless details about me, like my fave colour, what languages I speak, but they seemed to eat it up and continue asking similar questions. 

A few hours in of small talk, we had moved from the dining table to the couches in the common room. Everybody was at least tipsy, some were straight-up drunk from a very strong drink that Thor had gotten from Asgard. Well, Peter and I hadn't gotten any alcohol, no matter how much Peter had begged, Tony hadn't given in. 

"So you were born in Amazonas and lived there with your family, how did you become a soldier?" Steve suddenly asked. I don't know if it was the alcohol that had made him loosen up or just the fact that it was late, because whilst Tony and Thor had gotten drunk from just a small sip of the Asgardian drink, Steve had drunk at least two glasses of it and didn't seem affected at all. 

"I got kidnapped" I blurted out, surprised by myself. Everybody became quiet, looking my way, with stares filled with pitty. Not empathy, pitty. In the oh-no-poor-girl-i-have-to-fix-her type of stare. "It's fine guys, I'm alright, that was a long time ago" I laughed. 

"If you say so, I'm going to bed," Steve said as he got up from his seat. "And so should you drunks do as well" He added to the not sober part of the group. "Cmon Nat, ill help you to your room," He said, putting Natashas arm over his shoulder and helping her towards the elevator. "mkay Steve, maybe you could help me undress as well" She slurred as she was playing with a very uncomfortable Steves hair.

I turned towards Peter as we shared a what-the-hell look whilst the elevator doors closed. I smiled at him as I got up from my armchair and walked to the stairs. He reached his hand out, I took it carefully and he squeezed it gently "Night" He whispered with a small smile, making me blush.