•[ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵]•

A/n: Happy New Year everyone! I'm having a lot of motive today so this story might be longer than usual. (And it will have a lot of dialogue) Anyways hope you enjoy!
_________________________________________
°» Y/N POV «°

"January 23rd, Tuesday, 2020..." I said to myself.

I slouched back on my chair and gazed outside my window, thinking what to write in my diary. It's officially my second day at Hillside and I have absolutely NOTHING to do.

My parents went off to work few hours ago but were constantly persuading me to talk to more neighbours and hang out with some other children here.

I mean, chatting with some adults would be nice but, WHAT WOULD I EVEN BE TALKING ABOUT?! All they talk about is how nice their facial creams are, their jobs, salary, and tell all the funny things their child has done recently. Which in fact, ISN'T EVEN FUNNY.

How do I know? Well, every time my parents interacted with another parent, they would say some ridiculous thing like how I FELL down the slide on my face! On top of that, they all start laughing!

I'm sitting at the "weird kids" table, eves-dropping the conversation with a huge bruise on my forehead. Like how is THAT funny?!

"Ring Ring"

"Huh, who could that be?" I thought to myself.

I rushed downstairs to open the door only to see Tim, standing there with a helmet on.

"Uhh, hi? Can I help you?" I asked.

"Hi there Y/n! I just wanted to ask do you wanna ride a bike together with me? I'm going to see some other friends of mine and I figured I would introduce you to them." Tim answered almost immediately.

"I uh-" I spoke, soon being cut off.

"You don't have a bike? No worries! My bike has a backseat so you can just sit behind!" He excitedly exclaimed.

"Umm, no. I just-" I uttered, yet being cut off again.

"Oh oh! You don't have a helmet? Here I have a spare!" He promptly said.

"No. I really need to-" I said, once again being cut off.

"You really need to use the bathroom? Sure I'll wait out here for you!" He answered again.

"NO I MEANT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE BECAUSE I HAVEN'T RODE ONE IN A LONG TIME!" I shouted back.

I gasped and immediately covered my mouth.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to talk so rudely. You can tell your friends that I'm not coming." I quietly said, closing the door.

"Wait!" He spoke, using his foot to stop the door from closing. "I can teach you. I mean, I still have a bit of time before I head off to see my friends."

I slowly opened the door and widened my eyes.

"You? Teach me?" I questioned.

"Yeah! I taught my cousins how to ride a bike, I'm sure I can teach you!" He answered.

I nodded, gesturing him to come inside my house.

"You wait here while I find my bike." I told him.

I scurried off to my garage to check. I dug through a pile of gym equipment, scooters and metal items, looking for my bike. However, to no avail, I could not find it.

"I think mother put some of my unused stuff in the basement." I said to myself. "But I don't want to go down there."

As I closed the garage door, I turned my head towards the living room.

"Maybe I could ask Tim if he could come down with me." I thought to myself. "No. That would be stupid. A ten year old who can't go into a basement on their own? Someone's ought to say something."

I sighed as I opened the basement door. I turned on the light and startled myself.

"It's alright Y/n. This is a new house. There shouldn't be any rats or spiders here, right?" I murmured to myself.

I went down the stairs into the lower ground, trembling. As I reached the end, I realised it wasn't scary at all. The place was well lit and quite dry, unlike my old basement.

I took a deep sigh and headed towards what seemed to be a bike-shaped box. I pushed away some of the heavy metal blocking it.

"There you go! Come to mama!" I excitedly said, reaching out for the bike box.

Unexpectedly, the lights went out and the door slammed shut as soon as I touched the box.

I tried making my way towards the door but I continuously bumped into hard objects.

"Ow! Darn it!" I grumpily said.

"Aah!" I shouted.

I had tripped over something large and I fell to the floor. On top of that, something else fell to the floor and trapped my legs.

The door opened at once and a human figure was standing on the steps.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" Tim worriedly asked. "I heard you scream from upstairs!"

He rushed over to help me lift up whatever was on me.

"As soon as the power went out, I heard you screaming!" He spoke.

"Wait, how did u know the power was out?" I questioned suspiciously. "Okay, you know what, help me lift this thing up and then you'll explain to me."

It was impossible to lift the object up. From what I could feel, it was probably bigger than the both of us.

"Okay, I can't lift this up so I'm going to have to pull you out!" Tim yelled. "3, 2, 1!"

I howled in pain. My leg hurt so much I thought it was going to detach! Thankfully, my leg did not come off.

"Tim, I-I can't walk, my leg h-hurts" I stuttered.

Tim looked down to my left leg and faintly saw a large dark bruise. He started to squint his eyes.

"Tim are you-" I questioned unable to finish my sentence.

"Oh my god.. Y/n.. I have a feeling you broke your leg.." Tim quietly spoke.

I widened my eyes in shock and fear.

"C'mon, I need to get an ice-pack and call my parents, help me up the stairs." I told him.

As we were making our way to the foot of the stairs, we heard a door open and a rattling of keys.

"Y/n! I'm home! I decided to leave work early to see how you were coping with-"

My mom immediately cut off her sentence when she saw me, Tim, and my bruised leg. She looked horrified.

"Oh no.." we both chanted at the same time.

___________________________________________

Special thanks to:

JusticeUwU

Ticci_Lover

For voting for my chapters! ✨✨