Chapter Three: Field Trip?

"So... you think you like Hinata, huh?"

"No! I never said that! I never even said his name, either! Whatever, I just was wondering why all these articles described how I feel about Hinata if I don't like him."

"Do you even realize what you're saying? You literally just told me how nuch you think about him, and how much you admire him, and how much you love spending time with him, and how much you want to spend more time with him, and how badly you wanted to keep him safe when he was freaking out about the storms, and-"

"Okay! I get it! It sounds like I like Hinata, but I don't even know how to tell if I like someone like that, so how could I like him? Wouldn't I just know?"

"Kageyama, you're hopeless," Daichi sighed, "Listen, let's just go over this again. You came to me for advice, so let me help you. You started off my saying how much you think about him, making sure to justify that it's normal for someone to think about their best friend that much, and then we moved on to how you admired practically everything the kid does, continuing to justify how normal it was for someone to think about their best friend like that.  Now we're at how much you want him to be safe all the time. This actually is normal for anyone to feel towards their friends, however, you went on to say you specifically wanted to be the one keeping him safe. Now let's move on to how often you blush around him-"

"HEY I NEVER TOLD YOU THAT!"

"Kageyama, I can see it from across the gym. You're not good at hiding your face."

It took me a second to let everything he said sink in. Could I possibly... I shook my head violently. "No, there's no way, none at all."

"God, you remind me of myself. I told myself the same thing about Suga all last year. It won't get you anywhere."

"Wait... You and Suga are..." my eyes widened, "Since when!?"

"Since I started paying attention to how I was feeling instead of shutting out every thought I didn't want to be thinking."

I nodded my head slightly and thanked Daichi, walking into the gym.

~~~~

Kageyama walked into the gym, and I started wondering what he and Daichi could have possibly been talking about out there that took that long. His demeanor was different. He didn't walk in with a scowl today, but instead with... what almost looked like a smile? He was looking dead at me. I felt my face get warm as he continued to walk closer to me. Why did he look so cute when he smiled? Wait why did I think of him as cute? He's my tall, scary best friend. He's not cute. I was very clearly lying to myself, but I managed to sell it to the functional part of my brain somehow. Either way, my face was getting redder as he continued to walk up to me. This new confidence he was exuding was messing with my head.

"Good morning, Hinata," he said, although he had dropped the smile not long after he walked in.

I got my head straight (hehe) and looked up at him. I looked into his dark blue eyes and noticed that glint I was talking about on the bus the other day. "Morning, Kags."

Why was I so caught off guard by this? He just walked in the gym like he always did. He smiled for a minute, but that was the only difference between today and any other day.

"So what were you and Daichi talking about out there?" Kageyama quickly trained his eyes on the floor. "Nothing," he spat. I wasn't buying it. "Kags, you can tell me, it's okay," I tried reassuring him, and he opened his mouth to speak, but shut it again.

"Well, if I'm being honest Hinata, I think I actaully do like someone. I don't know much about this though, so I figured I'd ask Daichi." He looked me in the eye again.

Stuck In The Middle With You [Kagehina]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें