Chapter Eighteen

"Good evening, how can I help..." the deputy began turning around to look at Derek only to freeze, "you..." both me and Stiles peered out heads around the corner waiting for the cue to go. Derek smiled at the deputy and never before had a smile made me so angry. Well, to be more specific it was jealousy.

"Hi." It was so soft and cheerful and relaxed. It'd taken ages to get him to ever speak to me like that and even then he always flickers between that and his usual irritated blank tone.

"Hi..." the deputy trailed off and Derek leaned against the counter. Biting down on the inside of my cheek, I narrowed my eyes into a glare as I watched it.

"Um, I had a question...Um, sorry, I'm a little-a little thrown. I wasn't really expecting someone-"

"-like me?"

"Oh, I was gonna say "so incredibly beautiful," but, yeah... I guess that'd be the same thing..." he mused and Stiles grabbed onto my arm pulling me with him across the room. He'd never complimented me, at least not that I could remember. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd seen that awkward smile. I shouldn't be jealous; it was for a cause. A good cause. Except I couldn't help it. There was something about the build up of the day which was just bringing an unconditional anger.

Rounding the corner of the halls, our eyes settled on a deputy and all the anger was smothered by fear. "Er..." I began trying to conjure words, but it was impossible to do. Looking to Stiles, I raised my brow trying to get him to come up with a solution to our problem.

"Oh, uh, I was just looking, um..." looking down at his leg we were both quick to notice the blood which was dripping from his leg and the box in his hands. He was the one after Isaac, he was the hunter. Glancing over at Stiles we both came to the same agreement, "oh, sh-" he began.

"Language," I hissed batting his arm, "hey there, I don't suppose you've seen the toilets around here do you?" I asked crossing my arms, "I mean, my little...cousin here," I began, pulling Stiles in front of me forcing my voice to sound as cheerful and innocent as I possibly could, "is just so desperate and we would really if you could give us some help. Like not a lot of help, just point a finger or something and then..." Stiles foot slammed down onto my toe and I grit my teeth trying not to wince, "yeah... just some help would be nice."

The man moved forward swinging a punch at us and Stiles was the first to act as he jumped moved to fight against the man. However, he was a trained hunter and it wasn't going down to well. Watching as he punched Stiles in the face, I quickly stepped forward - the Stilinski boy had fallen onto the ground and into the wall. The anger was beginning to grow in my mind again and this time I was going to use it's

"Hey, don't punch a child in the face you moron!" I snapped moving to punch him herself and he hissed in pain falling back. The man kicked his legs out hitting my own legs and a noise of shock fell from my mouth as I fell back onto the floor my head slamming onto the laminated grey.

The sound of a door breaking echoed throughout the room and we both looked over to the side to see Isaac in his wolf form. He grabbed onto the man throwing him across the room with a roar. The breaking of the door had set of an alarm and the lights flashed red all around us with the siren ringing loudly and annoyingly.

Isaac then turned growling at us and there was murder in his eyes. Swallowing the fear in my throat, I grabbed onto Stiles pushing him behind me and walking backwards. He began to stalk closer and I didn't stop until his back pressed against the wall and we physically couldn't move any further.

As Isaac took another step forward, Derek stepped out from round the corner - his foot pressing down on the tube of wolfsbane smashing it - his eyes glowing red as he released a loud roar. Covering my ears, Isaac leaped over to the back corner cowering on the floor. His hands covered his face as if he was scared of Derek. When the roar finally died down, I couldn't step away from Stiles. Even during the battle with Peter I'd never seen something like that.