Chapter Thirty

Keeping my hand clutched at the injuries on my stomach which were still in the process of healing. Since they were formed by an alpha I was healing much slower than I usually would and I wasn't enjoying it, I gave it about ten minutes more before they were fully healed. It also didn't help that it had created a mess in my shirt, this was one of my favourite shirts. Derek was carrying Isaac into the burnt down Hale house placing him down on a table.

"We've got a serious problem at school. Miss Blake's class-" Stiles voice called out from the other side of Scott's phone.

"Hey, can you tell me about it later?" Scott cut in, he was more concerned about Isaac. Derek stepped over to a collection of roots grabbing and tugging at them all until he could something of value.

"Well, no, pretty sure this qualifies for immediate discussion..."

"Okay. Then, meet me at Derek's."

"Derek's house? What the hell are you doing at-"

"Just meet us here, okay?" Scott cut in, turning the phone off before walking over to where both me and Derek were stood. Derek wasn't necessarily panicking and I wasn't sure what I was thinking. On the one hand, nothing terrible had happened and we needed to focus on Isaac, on the other hand was it about to start again? I don't think I could handle another situation which involved fighting for our lives and finding any more bodies. "You don't still live here, do you?"

"No... The county took it over," he explained. I'd seen his new loft and I hated it just as much as the depot. It was even colder. "But, there's something here that I need. It'll help heal a wound from an Alpha," he explained still rifling through the collection of roots.

"Yeah, but it did heal..."

"Not on the inside."

"Hey, are you gonna tell me who that was back there? That Alpha?" Scott asked, and I crossed my arms wanting to know myself.

"A rival pack. It's my problem," but that was far from the truth. Whatever affected him affected me and so for him to say that it was his problem completely changed the fact that it was my own problem as well. Was he ever going to tell me what the problem was, or was this another situation where he was going to start lying to me? "I know you wanna help, and you did-- I owe you one. Now, go home. Go back to being a teenager."

How could he ever go back to being a teenager? How could I ever go back to living a normal life? They were things that could never happen and I hated it. "Uh, hey, Derek? If you wanna repay back that favor now... There is something you can do for me," Scott said and I looked at him confused. What did he want? "I have a tattoo, well I did have one. It healed over. You have a tattoo so I was wondering how you got it."

"You have to burn it into you."

"What?" Both me and Scott asked looking at him confused. That sounded incredibly painful.

"Wait till Stiles gets here, I have to find something," he explained walking into a different room. Glancing back at Scott, I debated whether I should bother speaking to Derek. What if he lied again?

Biting down on my bottom lip, I walked after Derek slowing down as I got behind him. He was rooting through a box. "If you're trying to sneak up on me I'm afraid to say you can't." He mused, but I couldn't find humour in his words.

"Were you going to tell me about the alpha pack?"

"When it became a problem."

"It's been a problem for a long time, Derek. Yet, you still haven't told me," I pointed out and he stood to his feet turning around to face me. His eyes were both soft and stern at the same time and he crossed his own arms to mirror my actions. This was going to end up in an argument, I could already tell.