CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

This is just some festive cheer, you don't actually have to read it [it will be moved to the end of the book when I update so it doesn't disrupt the flow of the story].

Struggling between the collection of bags which were all in my hands, I reached out with my toe trying to wedge the door open. I really hadn't thought this through. Hearing the sound of footsteps, a flush of panic fled through me but as I peered over the bag and saw Peter the calmness returned.

"Oh thank god, it's just you, could you open the door?" He raised his brow looking unamused. Not that I cared though. Offering him an innocent smile I stepped back so he could do so. As he pushed it open, I walked through ditching the bags on the couch, "cheers."

"You're in an annoyingly good mood."

"It's Christmas," I cheered, and he rolled his eyes taking a seat on the couch beside the bags and he grabbed onto the edge of one the bags. I didn't let him satisfy his curiosity as I slapped his hand away with a warning glare. "Watch it laddie. You may be getting an old man now but that doesn't mean I won't treat you like a child," I warned pointing at him in warning.

"You are aware I could kill you," he droned.

"You and your bloody threats. Can't you come up with anything original for once? Now don't touch the bags." I added on grabbing onto one to take it to the closet. "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be wallowing in your uncle scrooge way?"

"Believe it or not I too am filled with the Christmas spirit and thought I should visit my favourite nephew and his insufferably happy girlfriend."

"Hmm... better than being the annoying murderous uncle," she countered as she grabbed onto more bags hiding them.

Once I was done with that, I walked back into the main area collapsing down on the sofa beside him. It was so quiet and almost awkward. Pursing my lips as I thought about what to do I glanced over at him, "Derek's not here."

He raised his brow slowly turning to look at me with an obvious head. "I can see that," he droned, "I'm going to wait for him."

"Why?"

"Because there are new threats-"

"Absolutely not," I cut in and his face tugged as he looked at me annoyed. I couldn't care less. "It's Christmas! This is the time we celebrate some magical baby being born and we have family time and happiness...and food. Most importantly the food," I pointed out, "we are not doing any monster hunting or any monster defending on Christmas," The door then opened and Derek walked in a bright smile on his face, although I could figure out why he was happy. When did he ever smile like that? "See... even he's acting strangely happy during Christmas, so don't even try it," I warned pointing at Peter. Why was he so happy?

It was late that night when I jumped onto the bed, not caring about Derek's grunt at the quick action, "what's up with you?" I asked, my eyes narrowed as he glanced up from the book he was reading.

"What do you mean?"

"You're happy. You're never this happy," I reminded and he raised his brow amused.

"Maybe you make me this happy."

"If you think some cheesy quote of Tumblr's gonna distract me laddie, then you have another thing comin'," I warned, and a chuckle fell from his lips.

"Can I not simply be happy for the sake of being happy?" He asked, and I glanced at him questioningly. No. No he most certainly could not. Not him anyway. Jumping forward, I ducked my head beneath his arm to use his chest as a pillow and I looked at the book he was reading. It looked so boring.