Daryl x reader

When your dog is sick and he comes over to help.

Your POV
You stood out on your back deck while whistling for your German Shepard. It was his dinner time and he would normally come running up to you with a speed to go around the world twice. But today he seemed off, he would come eat his breakfast, he wouldn't leave the barn, and he was panting a lot as well as being really tired. You took him to the vet and they told you he was having dental issues with his canines. This prevented him from wanting to eat and cause a lot of pain. You scheduled to have them take out the infected tooth but they only had room for Saturday. It was Thursday. So until then you had to feed him wet food and try to coax him out of the barn. You were worried so you decided to call your best friend, Daryl. He had been there for you countless times and he was good with dogs. Maybe he could help with the stubborn shepherd.

*time skip*

Daryl had just arrived and had finally lured Quint from the shed (quint is the shepherd). The stubborn dog was currently munching on a dry piece of meat while you and Daryl sat on the back deck.
"Thanks for helping me out today, I appreciate it." You said genuinely. He blushed before stuttering out a response.
"N-no problem, I love Quint t-too." He said as his face held the redness of a tomato. You light a cigarette and offer it to him before lighting your own and taking a long draw from it. You both stand there in silence that is nearing uncomfortable.
"C-can I t-tell you something?" He asked shyly while directing his eyes downwards.
"Sure, what's up?" You responded curiously. He shuffled his feet and kept his eyes down. His face was a brilliant shade of red and he rubbed his fingers together nervously. His strange behaviour triggered anxiety to crackle up and down your body, making your hair stand on end and a shudder ripple through you. You furrowed your eyebrows before asking, "Are you okay?"
He looked up and when his eyes met yours a spark raced through you making your nerves come alive.
"Yeah I'm just nervous." he stated, sighing.
"For what?" It was now your turn to blush once you realized just how close you two had drifted within the past hour.
"I-I-I really l-like you Y-Y-Y/N." You had to strain your ears to hear the whisper that left his lips. Once you realized what he had said you froze. You had had an enormous crush on him for a really long time. Whenever he was around all you wanted to do was kiss the life out of him. He made you feel like you had a sense of belonging, right next to him. The second you had lade eyes on him butterflies erupted in your stomach, you had a tingling sensation all over your body and your face heated up to the point of having a fever.
He sensed your silence and took it like you didn't feel the same way about him.
"Y-you don't have t-to say a-a-anything," He mumbled, "I s-should go." He added before turning to walk away, but that was the last thing you wanted. Before he could descend the steps from your deck you latched onto his wrist and pulled him back to you. He looked startled and confused as to why you still wanted him here. Soon enough he got his answer when you grabbed him by the collar and smashed your lips to his. Surprisingly his lips were very soft and sweet, tasting like strawberry yogurt. At first he didn't move but once he registered that you were kissing him he relaxed and kissed back. Your lips moved perfectly together even though somewhat awkwardly. You pulled away and rested your forehead on his chest.
"I like you too Daryl." You said softly while inhaling his earthy scent that mixed with sunscreen. He sighed and wrapped his arms around your waist.
"Good, I was a little worried." He stated jokingly before bringing you back up to his lips for another searing kiss.