Wayne Imagine

YOU TELL HIM TO STAY HYDRATED

Your POV
You were all sitting at the table, waiting for the first competitor for the toughest guy in letterkenny. The phones ring pierced through the comfortable silence and Wayne rose to answer. After reciting to the other line for them to park at the end of the lane way, he took a swig of whiskey and started out the door. He was followed in a line of hicks lighting cigarettes and taking shots.
"Hey so I'm gunna head out now, you know I don't like violence." You spoke to the group once you were all outside and lined up, waiting for the truck to pull in. You said bye to Katie who responded with her usual "don't not get into trouble ok." You laughed and made your way to your own vehicle. Before you hopped in though, you paused and looked over to your group of friends. Your eyes subconsciously landing and sticking on Wayne.
"Wayne, stay hydrated eh?" You called to him and jumped into the truck and sped off before hearing his response.

Wayne's POV
After they had said those words, I froze. All I could do was watch as they drove away, their words repeating over and over in my head like a mantra. If only they would come back so I could respond with "only if you do too."