𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

Athena woke with a start.

Ezra had been shaking her by the shoulders ever since the train stopped several seconds ago.

"Hey, we're here." He said, as athena sat upright in her seat.

She watched him as he grabbed his trunk from the shelf above her.

His abdomen was about 5 inches from her face.

Athena froze completely, her eyes slowly lifting up to look at him.

He tilted his head down once he felt her gaze on him.

As their eyes locked, she took a deep breath.

It was obvious that he noticed by the smirk that grew on his lips.

That smirk, however, was quickly wiped off as a cough came from the doorway.

The cough came from the same boy she'd been staring at before they boarded.

"I would appreciate it if you two would stop eye-fucking each other and get off the train. You're the last ones." He said, his words laced with malice.

Jesus...

Athena's jaw almost dropped at the sound of his voice.

It had the perfect mix of rasp and softness to it, with possibly the most beautiful english accent she'd ever heard.

But, she kept her composure. She refused to let the same thing that happened with Ezra happen with Tom.

"You've no right to speak to me like that." She fought back.

Ezra's head snapped in her direction. He was surprised. Nobody ever really fought back to Tom.

I mean, he and Tom were friends, but even he didn't say anything whenever Tom said something rude.

To be fair, he was right to be surprised. As Tom's eyes bore into her, Athena was aware that she had made a mistake.

"Avery... leave." Tom demanded. "Tell the staff that this one lost something and I'm helping her look for it."

Avery nodded, grabbing his trunk and rushing out of the compartment.

Tom waited until he was gone, and finally entered the cabin, sliding the door shut behind him.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"I- um- what?" Athena stuttered.

"Do I need to say it again?" Tom asked rhetorically.

"Athena." She responded bluntly.

She honestly just wanted to get off the train, and away from him.

"Last name?" He queried once again.

Athena rolled her eyes at this.

Why so many questions?

But nonetheless, she answered.