108 | raging war inside

Jungkook's POV

The next day, I give Elena a ride back to her apartment so that she changes her clothes before we head to the university. Today is the day that we will confront Taehyung about Seokjin and hopefully he'll decide to help us without giving us a hard time. I shot him a text last night for him to meet us at Amantes in the evening for some drinks and Elena finally agreed that we should do this. It's Friday, so I'm pretty sure that Taehyung isn't particularly busy with his studies or work.

Elena and I are currently waiting for him to show in one of the tables towards the back. She's nervously picking at her nails under the table and I open my mouth to tell her that it's going to be alright when my phone vibrates in my pocket only to see a text from Tae saying that he'll be here shortly. I return to Elena who is now anxiously fiddling with the hem of her black skirt and my hand envelopes hers in an attempt to soothe her.

"It will be okay," I tell her. "We'll take care of this, I promise."

"Yeah, I know." She mumbles and fixes the collar of her rose colored knit sweater. "I just can't believe that we're going to finally tell him."

"Why?"

She coughs timidly before she says, "You do realise that my first interaction with Taehyung was when I was sucking him off in the Golden Closet while you watched right?" When she completes the sentence it's my turn to feel all skittish as she proceeds, "Or the one time when you drove me to the Empire so that I could have a threesome with him and oh wait; another best friend of yours."

Well now that she put it that way...

"That will be a shocker for him."

"Yeah, it won't be easy to tell him that 'hey; remember that one time you and Jimin were trying to have a good time with this girl in the pink wig at the Empire Hotel? Well guess what that girl was me all along! What a small world'." Elena says sardonically and with that the door up front opens widely allowing the cold air inside along with a tall figure dressed in a sharp black coat.

Taehyung walks inside with a confident stride, his dark brown eyes examining the bar only to see us hanging at the booths. He gives us a small wave with his signature squarish smile and I nod at him when he turns around, his side facing us.

He's not here alone.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Elena whisper-hisses next to me.

Jimin steps inside a moment later, his dyed blonde hair falling over his tired eyes in messy spikes. His oversized jean jacket is about to fall off his shoulder and he pulls it back up when his gaze falls on us. He seems surprised to see both me and Elena here as he looks at her with a cold neutral expression. Tae and Jimin pace inside the bar and finally approach our table.

"Hey guys," Taehyung chimes. "Can't remember the last time we gathered like this. Only with a new addition." He adds looking at Elena. "Jungkook didn't say you'd be here."

"Hi," Elena smiles shyly at him. "It was a last minute desicion. How have you guys been?" She asks, barely looking at Jimin.

Perhaps, she feels weird about being in the same room as him, considering she used to have the biggest crush on him. Then again, even when she was infatuated with him, she couldn't even form coherent sentenses in front of him. I guess some things don't change.

"Well, I feel good because holiday season is approaching and I can finally rest." He says. "Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I still appreciate the two week long break."

Shit, I totally forgot all about Christmas.

I hardly even noticed the holiday themed decorations at the bar. Since there's not enough room for an actual Christmas tree, the staff used parts of fake pine trees to hang on the wall of the bar along with a string of lights that emit a golden glow.