Chapter 11: New Interests

A/N: This one is a bit shorter, mainly because I haven't been able to write due to the holidays. I've been up to my neck is tasks, but I do plan on either writing another short chapter during the New Years or skipping that all together and posting a longer chapter after the holidays are over all together. Anywho, this chapter is in Atticus' point of view for a change. 

Watching the curtains flutter back and forth as the wind from outside came crashing into the stale hospital room. Atticus found himself missing—damn near longing for—the sweet sound of his friend's voice. The soft flutter on his long eyelashes batting, kissing the skin of his pale cheeks. The contrast his pale skin to his much darker skin, a contrast that comes together to make one big piece of artwork. The boy that clumsily stumbled into his life, creating a harsh hurricane in the process.

Atticus should have been mad, but he wasn't, he never felt extreme anger or even annoyance towards his new counterpart. All he felt was intrigued and a slight sense of need to protect the blue-haired man. Maybe that's why he bent over backwards for him, at least that what Atticus thinks.

He was torn out of his thoughts by the sound of the door opening and the soft tap of his doctor's feet against the tile of the floor.

"Hey sweetie, I got you those meds." Atticus always noticed how soft his doctor's voice is, as if he was trying to always soothe him. It was nice

"Hey doc I—," Atticus stopped when he noticed the look his doctor gave him.

"What did I tell you about that Atticus."

Atticus chuckled slightly, "Jace, thank you." His doctor had said from their first meeting that he wanted to be referred to as his first name. Atticus was always used to using some sort of honorifics as a respect thing, his ma raised him that way. So, this small little change needed some getting used to.

Dr. Jace reached out for his patient's hand and turn it around so that his palm was pointing towards the ceiling. Atticus expected him to drop the two small, white pills that he had grown accustomed to—but all he got was an empty hand. He looked up and saw the smaller doctor examining his hand with a small pink flush traveling across his face.

"Doc?"

"Oh uhm, sorry about that sweetie. I just—"

"What happened?"

Jace looked up at the man and gave a small deer in headlights look. "Oh, I just," he paused and cleared his throat, "I just realized how big your hands are, way bigger than mine. You could probably crush me." he said with an added nervous chuckle and his pink flush turning into a burning red.

Atticus flashed him that signature smile and a tilt of his head, "Yeah, I guess I could. Well you are pretty tiny Doc—"

"Jace"

"Jace," he corrected himself, "I'm sure most could crush you."

This pulled a giggle from the young doctor, his eyes disappearing and his teeth shining in the fluorescent hospital lights, "I guess they could." He dropped the pills into Atticus' calloused hands. As Atticus drank the glass of water that was placed beside him, pushing the pills down his throat—he became hyperaware of his doctor's hands on his stitched wounds.

"These look good sweetie, they're healing like they're supposed to." he commented as his soft fingers danced around the stitching, lightly pushing his skin every now and then.

"Pretty handsy, huh?" Atticus responded, amusement laced throughout his voice.

"Oh goodness," Jace hesitantly retracted his hand, "I apologize, I uhm... space out sometimes."

"Its alright J." Atticus said, his smile widening, bringing comfort to the doctor. Jace nodded and poured another glass of water for the man, before rushing out of the room.

A/N pt 2: Hey there sweets! So this chapter I wanted to take you guys in the head of Atticus, just so this area isn't so gray. Writing this chapter made my blood ✨boil✨ so that was fun. 

Anywho... 

Thoughts on Atticus? 

Thoughts on Jace? 

Thoughts on this chapter overall? 

Thank you for reading this chapter and don't forget to vote/comment so that I can interact with you beautiful human being. ^^