Chapter 9: Threats and Paramedics

Frantic paramedics rush out of the house in a frenzy, pushing a stretcher towards the large vehicle they drove up in. Bray peeked from around the corner and watched the commotion as another salty tear slipped down his sopping cheeks.

This was all his fault.

The first time in forever where Bray was starting to feel comfortable around somebody and he just had to fuck it all up. He watched the ambulance pull away, most likely towards the nearest hospital. Bray wasn't all too familiar with the area that he was in and the thought of not being able to find his new friend's where-a-bouts caused a knot of dread to settle in the lowest parts of his stomach.

He pulled his phone out and opened the first contact that popped up into his mind. Putting the phone up to his ear, he huffed as the call dropped immediately due to a lack of service. Bray hopped up onto the windowsill that sat over him and stretched out his arms, hoping—praying—that a bar would pop up.

God must've recognized his distress from up above, because not only did a bar pop up—three bars graced the blue-haired boy with their presence. He dialed the number once more

Ring

Ring

Ring

"You have reached the number of Bethany Levisay. I am so sorry that I wasn't able to re-"

Bray growled and disconnected the call in a fit of anger. What the hell is going on? His sister always picked up his call, no matter what. So, what was the issue now? The amount of annoyance that Bray felt was strumming his veins like a guitar, causing the young man to shake. He took a few deep breaths and counted to ten, just like Beth taught him. Of course, if she had to decency to pick up her phone maybe he wouldn't have to revert to old habits. He shook the thought of his head quickly before dialing the next number he could think of.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?"

"Oh thank fucking goodness." Bray breathed out a sigh of relief. He wasn't sure what he would've done if he was ignored a second time.

"Bray? Did you get that car?"

"Fuck the goddamn car Tre, did you not hear that radi—," Bray took a deep breath in order to avoid going off on the man on the other side of the call, "Nevermind. I need you to do me a favor."

"Ah ah, we don't ask for favors until we fulfill promises. Remember that?" Bray could hear the smirk in Tre's voice, and it did nothing to help the state he was currently in.

"Tre, if you do not do what I ask of you right now I will stop at nothing to stick a gun up your anal cavity." Bray growled.

"What gun? Thought they took away ya' baby when you started josing."

"Don't think I don't know about your collection, Tre. I was the one that came up with the hiding spot after all." Bray responded, a deafening silence following soon after.

"What do you want?"

"I'll take that as yes. Drive me to the nearest hospital, I'm still in the upper-east side."

"That'll take like 30 minutes to get there from where I'm at. Why you need to go to the hospital? Matta fact, why you still in that side of town?"

"One, make it 10 minutes. Two, mind ya damn business. Three, refer back to number two."

"10 minutes?! I'm a con-man, not a magician. How the fuck do you expect me to get from here to the fucking upper-east in 10 minutes?"

"I don't give a fuck how you do it, just make it happen."