𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟐𝟓

(Get Well Soon - Ariana Grande)

KENDRA'S eyes opened slowly. Her vision is blurry at first but sharpened when she focused on a colorful balloon that's floating across from her bed. She could hear the beeping sound of the monitors next to her. She breathes in the scent of lavender. Her eyes fluttered a few times and carefully moves her head to the side seeing a little bottle of her favorite aroma on the little table next to her bed. It makes her think of home, in her nice bedroom and her fluffy blankets.

"Good evening, Kendra." Dr.Andrews smiled at her. Kendra turns her head to the other side, staring at the man. "You are at a hospital. My name is Doctor Andrews, I have been taking care of you." Kendra gazes at him silently. "You had a car accident. Do you remember that?" He asks. Kendra watched him in confusion. He smiled. "That's fine. I want to do a few checkups on you. Is that okay?" Kendra softly nods. The doctor grabbed a special flashlight and checked on her pupils. "Good." He put the flashlight away. "I want you to follow my finger with your eyes." He says and Kendra did what he asks. After a few more checkups he grabbed the clipboard.

The doctor explains carefully to Kendra what happened to her body and that she needs to rest. She can have visited every other hour and she will get checked every time. "I will be back soon." He says and Kendra nods. He walks out of the room and walked down the hall to the family. Maggie, Patrick, Claudia, and Finneas are home to fresh up. They will return for about an hour. Billie is there with Kendra's mother, Tayla, and Dakota. They all stand up when they see the doctor. "Kendra is awake."

"O, MY GOD!" Tayla cheered happily hugging Dakota. They laughed. Billie smiled, looking at Kendra's mother who looks happy than ever. She embraces her and looked back at the doctor.

"She's a little weak but that's normal. She still has a mask on because she can't breathe well, that's because of the pain she gets from her rib fracture. I don't want her to have pneumonia because she can get a fever of that and that's dangerous for her condition. She can't talk yet the reason is of the concussion she had. But she will recover soon, I will check on her now and then. There may be visitors one at a time. For now." They thanked him before he walks off. Kendra's mother goes first to her daughter.

Billie turns around looking at the girls. "What the fuck is pneumonia!" She hissed grabbing her phone. The girls smiled. She searched it on google. "Oh, it's a lung inflammation." She nods now understanding. The girls laughed at her. "Stop, I'm homeschooled." Billie rolls her eyes playfully but laughs with them.

"Your grandma and grandpa want you home." Kendra's mom holds her daughter's hand tightly. Kendra just stares at her. "I talked to the doctor. He wants you to stay two more weeks. In those weeks you will have your physiotherapy, so you can walk and breathe normally again." Kendra nods softly. "The other weeks you are going to rest at home so your ribs can heal. I have asked the doctor if it's okay for you to take a plane the next month and he's fine with it, as long as the doctors from our country are aware of your condition." Kendra tried to sit up fast but she could hear the cracking sound of her ribs. She moans out of pain and lies back down. Tears slipping down her cheeks from the pain.