Chapter 2

Here is part 2, enjoy!! Thank you to my cousin Lucy for helping me edit it again ❤️

It was the next day now, and Tony had realised he hadn't stopped thinking about Steve. He was astonishingly handsome - Tony had dreams of having Steve lay beneath him and running his hands through his soft blonde hair, looking into his beautiful blue eyes with so much love in his own.

Tony was currently stood eating the breakfast that Pepper had kindly made for him - a ham & cheese omelette with a glass of orange juice - when he received a text from Steve.

Steve Rogers: Hey Tony, how are you? I heard that the coffee shop is open now, would you like to go there tomorrow with me, if that's not too soon? - Steve Rogers 

It most definitely isn't too soon, Tony thought. But how did he say yes without sounding too clingy? "Hey, Pep?" Tony called, thinking he needed his friend's advice on this one. Pepper appeared in the room only seconds later, and after he explained his dilemma, Pepper smiled. "What?" Tony asked, confused.

"I don't have a crush on Steve!" Pepper said, imitating Tony from the previous day. "It sounds like he has the hots for you too! You don't have any plans tomorrow morning, ask what time he's free then,"

Tony Stark: Hi Steve, I'm good, how are you? I'm free tomorrow morning, when are you available?

"Does that sound okay?" Tony asked Pepper, hesitant to send it." I don't want to screw this up," His friend smiled as he finished talking, causing him to give her a confused look.

Pepper noticed his expression, and replied. "I'm proud of you, Tony. Your break from romance has done you good, I think you're finally letting go of the 'playboy' part of your persona," she finished, smiling at him again.

Tony thought for a second. Am I letting go of being a playboy? He didn't usually go on dates, to be fair. His previous romantic experiences usually consisted of just meeting some random girl at one of his infamous parties and ending up with her in his arms in his bed the next morning, both of them not really remembering very much. Then things changed. He slowly got bored of finding a girl who he didn't know in his bed, and slowly started to realise why he couldn't stick with someone, when his eyes lingered on the men he would see in the media and in public, he realised he was bisexual. He was getting older, he thought to himself, his 37th birthday only round the corner. He supposed it was time to quit the one-night-stands and settle into a relationship. "Thank you." He replied before sending it, immediately getting a reply back.

Steve Rogers: I'm good, thanks. How about 10:30? - Steve Rogers

Tony wanted to tell him that he didn't need to sign his name on his texts, he knows it's from him because he has him saved as a contact, but then he remembered that Steve was born in 1918, and he was bound to be a little traditional. He actually thought that Steve's old-fashioned quirks were kind of cute.

Tony Stark: 10:30 sounds perfect, see you then :)

Tony smiled underneath his hand that he'd subconsciously used as a chin rest, but his grin didn't go unnoticed by Pepper. "You are so smitten!" Pepper said, playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

"...Maybe I am a little bit," he said, smiling more, a hint of red seeping across his cheeks. "I just really like this guy, Pep. He's extremely attractive, and totally not what I usually go for, which is perfect for me right now, I need something different,"

That night, Tony slept like a baby, much to his surprise. As well as the fact that Tony usually had trouble sleeping, he assumed he'd be unable to sleep out of excitement and nerves for the morning's events. However, he nodded off, dreaming of his new crush, specifically about Steve feeding him his favourite cookies from the coffee shop. He couldn't wait for tomorrow.