5

"So, how do you know this kid?" Wanda asked as she and Natasha got into the car and began driving to the CPS facility in Queens.

"I have my resources," Natasha very vaguely answered.

"Was that supposed to be inconspicuous, or?" Wanda raised an eyebrow.

"Sure, I guess," Natasha shrugged. "But still, he deserves better and a better life than what his aunt has to offer, as of right now."

"Agreed," Wanda nodded.

~Time Jump~

Not too long after, Wanda and Natasha were finally at the CPS facility. They both got out of the car and were greeted by the secretary working at the front desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the secretary politely asked.
"I got a call about Peter Parker," Natasha began. "My name's Natasha Romanoff."

"And who is she?" the secretary referred to Wanda.

"Wanda Maximoff," Wanda replied. "I'm with Natasha."

"Can I see some ID?" the secretary asked as she began to look up Peter's files.

"Wanda is a minor without a permit or driver's license, but here is mine," Natasha took out her driver's license and other forms of identification.

"I see," the secretary closely inspected Natasha's ID. "Very well, follow me."

The secretary then led Wanda and Natasha down the hallways so that they could get to the room where Peter was. After a few turns, they finally arrived.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith," the secretary said as she knocked on the door. "I have Miss Natasha Romanoff and Miss Wanda Maximoff here to see Peter Parker."

"Thank you," Mrs. Smith smiled as the three ladies sat down. "Nice to meet you, Miss Romanoff, Miss Maximoff."

"You as well," Wanda shook Mrs. Smith's hand.

"Well, I am sure you both have a general idea of what is happening," Mrs. Smith moved on to the serious matter at hand. "But to be clear, Peter is not safe in his current living situation and needs to be removed from the environment immediately. And to my knowledge, you, Miss Romanoff, are written as a backup guardian on Peter's file."

"Yes, that is correct," Natasha confirmed.

"How do you know Miss Parker, his aunt, or Peter?" Mrs. Smith continued.

"Miss Parker and I used to be acquaintances at work," Nat answered.

"How will you ensure Peter's safety under your care?" Mrs. Smith questioned.

"Peter would be staying at the Avengers Compound, which has a top tier security system as well as several Avengers themselves living there," Natasha began. "I think, based off of past events, that Peter will be well protected under the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, etc. It can also be ensured that the fridge is always filled with food and he will also be properly fed and clothed. He will also be able to continue going to the same school because with many people living at the Compound, there is almost always someone available and if not, Mr. Happy Hogan, one of Tony Stark's close friends, will also be available."

"Everything checks out," Mrs. Smith noted. "Peter, any thoughts, concerns, questions?"

"Every Avengers lives there?" Peter finally spoke.

"No, Thor is off on Asgard, Dr. Banner is currently working in another country, and Clint Barton has decided to live in another state," Nat answered.

"Oh okay," Peter awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "Then I guess I'm ready to leave."

"Very well," Mrs. Smith nodded. "Thank you for coming on such short notice, Miss Romanoff and Miss Maximoff, and do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns."

"Thank you for your time," Natasha reached out to shake Mrs. Smith's hand. "Peter, do you need any help with your things?"

"No, I'm okay," Peter stood up and followed Wanda and Natasha as they began exiting the building.

Once they were outside, Natasha opened the trunk and Wanda helped Peter load his belongings in. Once they were done, Wanda opened the door to the backseat while she sat in shotgun.

"How do you actually know me?" Peter asked once all the doors were closed.

Without a word, Natasha cues up the hologram inside her car. "FRIDAY, cue up the latest Spider-Man videos."

Before Peter or Wanda could say anything, the videos immediately started playing, starting with one where Peter is holding back a truck.

"That's you?" Wanda incredulously asked.

"No, no, that's not-" Peter stammered.

"Yes, it is," Natasha interrupted.

"How did you find out?" Peter pressed.

"I have my ways," Natasha again, very vaguely responded. "That and I'm a spy."

"How long have you had your powers?" Wanda questioned.

"A few months," Peter sighed.

"Wow," Wanda said, impressed. "What do you do, exactly?"

"I have the abilities and strength of a spider and I help out the little guy, usually in Brooklyn," Peter responded.

"What truly drives you to help out the 'little guy'?" Wanda continued.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen . . . they happen because of you," Peter thought aloud.

"Well, kid, something's telling me you've been through more than an abusive aunt, and no, we are not going to ask about it," Natasha joined in the conversation. "But, you are safe with us and I will convince Tony to make you a better suit than that onesie."

"It's not a onesie," Peter protested.

"Mhm," Natasha muttered. "Anyway, we never properly introduced ourselves. Natasha Romanoff."

"Wanda," Wanda introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you," Peter awkwardly replied. "Peter Parker."

"How old are you, exactly?" Wanda asked.

"15," Peter answered.

"Me too," Wanda smiled.

"Really?" Peter's jaw slightly dropped. "I saw you on the news and whatever after Sokovia! I'm sorry about all that, by the way. But good job for helping save the day."

"Thanks," Wanda's smile grew.