sixteen // hopper

And he thought the worst thing he would ever have to deal with would be confronting the mind flayer. What a joke.

The cell was cold and dark, and seemingly never ending. He was millions of miles from Hawkins now, and his biggest wish was just to see the two of them once again. Hopper had contemplated suicide a few times at this point, when Adrick would come and beat the living shit out of him, but this past week had given him newfound hope. Sitting there, tied to a chair in the middle of the upside down with an enlarged version of the mindflayer above him, he thought it was the end. But he watched the other side open, and an unrecognized lab, but with a very recognizable person. Dr. Brenner, the man who had terrorized and ruined his adoptive daughters life, was alive and well. If everyone thought he was dead and he happened to be alive, maybe Hopper could live too.

Then there was the woman. She went through the same beatings Hopper did, and sometimes even worse. She never said what her name was, and her mental state was probably way worse than his, but she never stopped asking for her daughter. It comforted him in a weird way, and as knew they both missed their daughters. But when he finally got her to talk after weeks, he threw up in the cell. Her name was Y/N, she said, and she was being tortured. The more and more she talked about the torture, the more and more it reminded him of Elevens experience in Hawkins. He eventually opened back up about Elle, "You have to keep her safe! They will find her again! No matter how hard I tried to hide my Y/N, they always found her!" She had said. After that, with an uneasy feeling in Hoppers stomach, her cell was moved, and he never saw her again. He knew she was still alive, he still heard her screams, but never again did he see her in person. 

You finished packing the last of the ammunition into Joyce's car, and with a side glance to Steve, you watch as he puts his nail bat in the trunk. "A nail bat, when we have guns?" You ask. "There's a story for that, but let's finish this one first before I tell you all about badass era Steve." "You mean mom era Steve." Robin says. You laugh as you watch Joyce shake, beginning the drive to the final base. This was it. Your face drops to worry as you dread the thought of seeing Brenner again, when a cold hand is against your own. "It's gonna be okay." Will says next to you.

Snow falls down softly against the trees, and Joyce's car shakes as it drives through the dirt path. The base is closer now, to the point where you can watch the snow fall on the steel roof, and silence fills the car in worry. Mike had tried to rewrite the plan for infiltration earlier down to the specifics, but with a "Nothing ever goes according to the plan Mike." From Lucas, the car had fell silent. The car pulls through the  snowy trees and brings you to the backside of the base. Your hands shake. The last time you were here was when you were supposed to kill Eleven, and now you are here standing next to her, her arm interlocked in your own.

Joyce and Muary move around to the back door, where two Russian guards stand. Steve and Robin join them, and Nancy and Jonathan stand on either side, surrounding them. The Russian guards move to attack, but Joyce is quicker than ever and with one swift shot to one mans chest and another shot coming from Muarys gun, the two men are dead on the floor.  You stay back with Elle behind a fallen tree, the other kids nearby, and watch as Steve pushes the door open and Joyce slips on the Russian guard uniform.

With a signal from Nancy, they enter. Joyce looks back at you with a reassuraning nod, and with that you grab Elles hand and lead her closer to the older teens. "I've got this.. I promise i'll do this right and lead you to Hopper." She nods and follows Joyce into the base, giving a kiss to Mike before sprinting inside. "I know you don't want to go back there, after all you've been through." Will says beside you. "I have to, I have to do this." You respond, grabbing the gasoline and guns, tucking it under your coat. "I want this. No one else can suffer." He tugs on your coat. "Y/n I- promise me, promise me you'll come back to me though." He says softly, and you turn around to meet his face.