Chapter 2: Scrapes And [B]ruises

Song Quote: Borderline
"We're on the borderline Dangerously fine and unforgiving There's gonna be a fight Gonna be a price to pay on Monday. We're on the borderline Caught between the tides of pain and rapture. Then I saw the time  Watched it speedin' by like a train Like a train."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
2B and 9S just returned to the resistance camp through the transport system. They had to report their findings to the Commander in the Bunker on the moon.

The two were sent on a vital mission to investigate the mysterious alien signal. It came from the cavern that opened up under the city. After traversing the caves they found and old alien facility containing the dead bodies of the extraterrestrial lifeforms.

In this discovery, the two YoRHa androids encountered the machine lifeforms known as Adam and Eve. Two humanoid machines that were created by a group of other machines.

They learned that the aliens, the invaders of earth had died off long ago.

Killed by their own creations: The machines.

And nobody ever knew.

Now their current mission is to investigate a machine known as Pascal. The leader of a village populated by pacifist machines that are cut off from the network.

The androids can't help but be suspicious of the group. They needed to collect more data on the machine lifeforms to make sure they don't become a threat.

At the moment the two androids decided to take care of another mission. One that came directly from the Commander herself. Some YoRHa androids have deserted their positions and have been terrorizing the Resistance Camp.

This needed to be taken care of quickly. So that none of the data the betrayers possess leak to the machines. The coordinates on their possible locations were nearby. It seemed like the best course of action to investigate this matter now.

"I still can't believe the aliens are gone. Right under our noses too..." 9S though aloud to himself as he followed behind 2B.

"You heard the Commander, this information is top secret" 2B scolded the scanner unit "We can't speak about this to anyone." This was her way of telling him to drop the subject before anyone hears.

9S frowned at her tone "I know that, but I wonder for how long though..." he hummed as he couldn't help but be curious. It doesn't hurt to want to collect more information on your enemy. His model is meant to accumulate data, so being curious is in his very code.

2B didn't say anything, instead picking up the pace towards their destination. The two don't make a lot of conversation if it wasn't important or mission related. It would mostly be 9S talking, just to fill in the silence ad his partner wasn't much for meaningless chatter.

The two came up to one of the old buildings that made up the old decrepit city. Most of them were empty, filled with rubble and broken pieces of scrap. They were the perfect places to hide out and figure out your next move.

9S checked the map in his data logs to make sure they were in the right spot. "This looks like the right area. Time to look around" The scanner said but when he looked up 2B had already charged inside.

The Battle android saw a figure inside the building. They could be one of the YoRHa deserters.

"Wait 2B!" 9S shouted after her, but she was already inside the building. 

2B watched the figure flee the scene as she came across an android's body. She recognized the android as a YoRHa model. Turning on her heels, she followed the suspect's trail.