Chapter 1: Your Re[A]lity

Song Quote: City Of The Dead
"I'm scared of what's inside my head What's inside my soul I feel like I'm running But getting nowhere.
Fear is suffocating me I can't breathe
I feel like I'm drowning I'm sinking deeper. White light fades to red
As I enter the City of the Dead."
~~~

Your Pov:
A large heave of air rushed through your lungs as your eyes shot wide open. Shockwaves of pain flooded your senses as you gasped for air in the darkness. Nerves firing rapidly from the smallest of sensations.

Your body unconsciously stirring under the pain overloading your senses. Your muscles and joints burning under a scorching numbness with each stiff heavy movement.

You wanted to cry out in pain, but only strained gurgles made it past your vocal cords. 

Heart beats pumping in your violently as your eyes darted around in the darkness. Fear rose in your chest as your limited movements became more sporadic.

Slapping a hand over your face, you shivered at the touch of a cold surface. It must have been a piece of equipment strapped to your head.

Ripping the tech from your face, it tugged at your hair as it rolled over next to your head. A gasp escaped your lips as you stared back at the darkness of the room. The harsh cold air numbed your skin as your frantic breathing started to die down.

Numbness filled your body as your eyelids fluttered against your wishes. You could feel something pull at your entire being. Lurching forward, you weren't even given a chance to brace yourself as you landed face first on a metal floor.

"Ah...." you let out as your vocal cords scratched against your throat.

Slowly moving your aching arms, you forced yourself to sit up. Your weary eyes looked through the dimly lit room in a daze. The only light in the room was from a screen by the oval shaped pod you fell out of. 

It looked like a pod from one of those futuristic movies. Cold fog seeped out from the opened hatch, illuminated by the dim blue rim of light around the exterior of the device.

Forcing yourself to move, you wanted to get out of here. Your instincts telling you to go and seek help, otherwise you will die.

Shuffling your body towards the pod, you grabbed the edge. You used all of your strength to pull yourself to your feet. Knees cracked and buckled as you relied on what little arm strength you had. All of your muscles were almost paralyzed but mostly numb.

A sour chuckle escaped your lips, comparing the pain to when you would wake up and there would be no circulation in your legs. Pins and needles pricking at your muscles. What tv static must feel like.

Finally standing upright you held onto the pod for extra support. You tried to remember how to stand, balancing the weight correctly on your feet. Moving your foot forward you let go of the pod. Balancing on your feet, it was as if you were walking on a line trying not to fall.

With each step you could feel the numbness dull and your feet grew stronger. Staring from half steps, to full ones, then moving fluently once again.

As you steadied your movements you found the wall of the room you were held in. Tracing a hand along to smooth stone, you walked alongside it until finding the edge of a doorway.

You grumbled to yourself as you attempted to find a switch or anything to start up the power. Finding nothing you decided to step out into the hallway and come back later.

Following the hallway you kept close to the wall. No exit in sight until you spotted a small blue light. As you drew closer you made out the shape of a panel underneath the light. Pressing a button you heard metal screech against metal before the door flew open.