viii. the eventide

"Let me live with you."

Let me live with you . . .

It was as if his words formed into a brick and hit my head.

Unsure if I heard his statement right, I put all the plastic bags I was holding on the ground, and with a blank face, I walked close to where he was standing.

My head was slightly lifted, gazing at him eye-to-eye with an inscrutable look.

And without words, I gave him a hard slap to his face!

The slap had a sound. It stung. He gave off an 'oompf' sound.

He seemed to got flabbergasted that he wasn't able to form words, only caught up in utter surprise.

"Uwah . . . You're alive, I see, Yoomi-kun?" I was dumbfounded as well. "That sounds like a nightmare."

"What the hell is that for?" Kiyoomi panned his head, eyes glimmered with an antagonized look. Though half of his face was covered, the blush infusing his face was obvious.

"'What the hell is the for?', my ass!" I snapped back. "I should be the one who's saying that!"

"Well, I'm serious about it."

His reply caused a huge frown on my face. "Then, wow, Kiyoomi, wow," I snorted, rolling my eyes.

I exhaled gravely. I understood what he meant, but damn, it made me scratch my scalp as if it was a form of irritation. "You suck at words, you lame bub."

Abruptly turning around, I picked the bags once again. "Let me get you this straight," I said while giving him a side-long look, "your wish is impossible."

I continued walking. He followed.

"Why?"

I grumbled.

Is he really that clueless?

"There are several things, but one of them is you won't get comfortable the way I get to live my life. You're a Royal Highness, I'm a peasant, get it?"

"I don't see that as a reason."

UGH. THE STRESS LEVELS IN MY BRAIN.

"Then, if that's not okay," he continued before I could say things. "Live with me."

A sudden frustration built inside of my head and I exploded.

"GAAAAAH! What the freaking gracious goodness, Kiyoomiiii!" I screamed. I lost my calm. Screw the passers-by. And the fact he said those words with a vacant look, irritated me more. "Stop saying misleading things! Mind you, I'm still older than you! And for argument's sake, you're a minor! I might get arrested, y'know? So don't go rubbing that shit on me, you disgusting piece of shit-shooter!"

Kiyoomi was only grimacing. "Gross, you're the one who's disgusting."

"Listen to me, idiot," I sighed helplessly. "Do you really like me that much? That you don't want to get separated from me."

"It's not," he growled in a low tone.

Now it was his time to knock my head with his knuckles.

"It's for convenience," he added.

"It'll be more convenient if you go back to your parents."

Kiyoomi scoffed, almost challenging me. "Let's say, that will be done, so will you lose your job."

"Ackkk." I froze on my own feet. "Dude, that's bad news."

"So?"

"Nah." I weaved his suggestion off. "It's best if you'll stay at home; it's where your heart at peace."