iv. a germ's name

It was just a normal night-a very normal night for me.

The spring breeze came dancing, like a waltz being executed in a beautiful lush green field of flowers. Magically, the city air was aromatic for this night, almost sweet as I paced in this pedestrian-friendly town.

It was just a usual night for me, walking on this garden of skyscrapers.

And that contradicted my usual night.

Spring breeze in a garden of skyscrapers? Very unusual.

I was on my way to home, spending this whole day looking for a job. This April, it'd be the start of my senior high school-a very expensive school. Though I already had my full scholarship, I still needed income to suffice my daily expenses. Not to mention that I had been living on my own for as long as I could remember.

And every day, it was a miracle on how I survived the bustling streets of Tokyo.

Today, I was out of luck. No one hired me. Mainly because I was still a student, and they needed a full-time worker.

I would try again tomorrow.

Tightly gripping my bag, I walked even faster to reach my home. But, before that, I would buy food for dinner.

Later that night, I made my way to my house-thirty minutes was the estimated time to reach the place through walking.

I could say that it was a peaceful night, because after the highly urbanized areas of Tokyo were the quiet residential areas.

Everything was silent-

"Help! Please, help!!"

-jinx.

The silent night was disturbed until I reached the creepy area of these streets-the dark side of the city.

I couldn't disregard the call of desperation. Well, who would step in this alleyway full of killing intent? Only stupid people.

This was the part where most people neglect for its infamous ground of untamed freaks. Not entirely freaks, but almost.

I was actually having a mental debate if I'd help or not. Helping the person still had the risks . . . But my conscience was strong to convict me, so I'd help.

Before I did so, I called the police (just in case).

Quickly, I followed where the voice came from, sharpening my sense of hearing to help me locate the troubled person. It took me roughly a minute to arrive.

To where I was standing, I saw a man being fawned by a bunch of creeps who was already kneeling down the concrete road. I was here, five meters apart, in this demented alleyway. There were four of these thugs-ugly, spooky, and scary thugs.

"Hey!" I called in a bored manner.

All of them gazed at me. Except for the male victim, the punks of this alleyway had the expression of burning anger as if a bloodshot was running through their heads. This was what I got for meddling, but I didn't care.

"You better let the man go," I stated calmly. "I've also called the-" I stopped in midsentence when I sensed a sharp thing pointed on my nape. The glint in the irises of my eyes left me instantly. My lips were formed thin in concentration as I entered my self-defense zone.

"Aren'cha brave for a chick like ya?" one of the hooligans spoke.

"No, that should be my line," I smirked. "You must be brave enough that you dared to point a knife on me."