1

"Hang on, I just got an email-" I said into my mic while becoming afk in the server.

I opened up my phone to see a message forwarded by my Dad, confirming my acceptance to a college I applied to in the UK.

"Oh! Shit, I totally forgot, Tommy!" I said, returning back to my game.

"Yea?" he replied back. I suppose I should give some context.

I met Tommy when we were both fifteen. We met primarily through streaming similar content together, but have grown really close since then. We were both now sixteen, and Tommy was heading into college, as were I, since I had graduated early. Our friendship is - strange - to say the least. But it means something, since (in his words), I'm "The only American Woman he can stand", which I think is dumb, but at least relevant in some way. Oh, and as the typical scenario goes, I had to catch stupid feelings for him, and as it follows, he can't ever know that.

I returned back to our conversation. "I'm moving to the UK! Sorry I forgot to tell you earlier just remembered." I said joyfully. I have always been know to forget.

"You're what?! No way, are you joking?" Tommy said into is mic.

"No, seriously I'm not. You know how I graduated early since I'm homeschooled? Well I thought that I would attend college-" I explained, before I was cut off.

"SEND ME THE ADDRESS OF YOUR COLLEGE NOW I WANT TO SEE HOW FAR IT IS." he said into is mic deeply. Kinda scared me how intimidating he can get sometimes.

"Okay, okay, let me just send it." I said, unlocking my phone and texting it to him. I heard the sound effect of the text being sent, and awaited his response. It was silent for a while, until he actually spoke.

"Y/N.." he said, quietly.

"What? Why are you so quiet?" I asked playfully.

"That's my college." he finally replied.

Wait, what?

HIS COLLEGE?

"Wait, are you for real?" I said, still trying to process it.

"Yes! That is where I go to college!" he was saying, laughing in utter disbelief. I could practically see him leaning back in his chair and running his hands through his fluffy hair even though I couldn't see his camera.

"WHAT?! THAT'S INSANE!" I said, joining in on laughing with him.

I could hear his voice returning back to the mic, guessing that his chair was pushed back from his desk. I looked in the chat of my stream. It was going crazy. Exploding more than usual, filled with things like; "omg, they could meet up!" or "y/n it's destiny".

I looked away from the chat and spoke into my mic again. "Tommy, people in my chat are saying that it's 'destiny'." I say, putting emphasis on the word destiny.

"Yeah, mine too. Chat, it's merely a coincidence, all right." he said in attempt to get his own chat to calm down.

"Yeah, you're right Tommy. What a coincidence." I said softly.

After a while, both of our streams ended and it was just me and Tommy left on the discord call.

"Hey, you wanna pick this up on FaceTime?" he asked.