4

I ran towards him and wrapped him in a big bear hug. He snaked his arms around my waist in return, pulling me closer. I could feel his warm breath gently stroking my ear, which led to butterflies sprouting into my stomach. Our hug lasted for only about a few seconds, but it was the best few seconds I'd experienced since I saw him the last time. We pulled out of the hug, and Tommy stepped back to look at me.

"Still short I see,"

"Still totally giant."

My parents greeted Tommy's parents, and loaded my suitcases into the trunk. I realized that there was six of us total, meaning we wouldn't be able to entirely fit into the car.

"So, how are all getting to the house? The car won't fit all of us.." I turn to look at my parents.

"Well, not exactly." replied my mom.

"See we've got to catch the next flight.." said my dad.

Next flight? "What do you mean?" I said to them, and looking over at Tommy to see if he was thinking the same. To my relief, he looked as confused as I did.

"We're gonna let you go off with them on your own, hon." my dad said, putting his hand on my shoulder, smiling at me. My mom was smiling too.

"Wait, you guys aren't coming?" I asked them, but they already turned on their heels, and simply turned back to say,

"We'll pick you up this summer! Unless you guys want to keep her." my dad said to Tommy's parents, winking and walking off.

Me and Tommy tumbled into the back seat, and Tommy looked over at me.

"Your parents can just simply arrive at a country and turn back like it's nothing?" Tommy asked.

"I know, seems unrealistic." I replied.

"Woman's parents are rich," Tommy said laughing.

I giggled at his stupid joke. We started driving, which was an hour drive away. Tommy's parents were asking some questions, to which I provided answers to, but mostly me and Tommy were just listening to music together.

"You wanna listen to some music?" I had asked him.

"Sure, you have good taste in music anyways. Or at least I hope." he replied, giving me a fake alarmed look. I opened up Spotify and clicked on the playlist I was listening to earlier, "Meeting up with Bitch Boy".

"'Meeting up with Bitch Boy?'" Tommy had said. His parents looked over and gave him a disapproving look for swearing. I laughed a bit and clicked shuffle on the playlist. The first thing to come up was You Know It by Colony House.

Take that picture from that frame
I put it in my pocket so that every day you're with me
I keep you close to my heart
Give me one more kiss before the boys arrive
Nashville to San Francisco is a hell of a drive
But don't worry, the Lord is good when the road is wrong

I started to sing along to the next part.

"And well be back before you know, you know it, La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la," I was singing softly. I looked over at Tommy who had a small smile on his face while looking at me. He turned away though when I noticed, and I could swear that his cheeks were initially a bit pinker than before. Could just be the cold though.

After a while of driving, we pulled into the driveway. The house was just as I remembered it from months ago. We stumbled out and grabbed my suitcases, and tugged them upstairs to the guest bedroom.