1 | Paranormal Investigator

Recap of the last chapter

Sofia has a flight to catch to reach her home, Pasadena. Will something or somebody mysterious ruin her vacation?

Present. 23rd December
10 o'clock

She enters her apartment which is on the third floor.
This year, she didn't bother putting up the Christmas tree as she spending time in Pasadena with her family.
She took out her suitcase and kept it near the door.
Luckily, she had booked a taxi and it would be coming in half an hour.

When she got a notification that her taxi has arrived, she locked her apartment and left for the airport.

This time, the snow had eventually stopped. It covered the whole street.
But the streets were deserted and barely any one was there.

*Last Christmas playing in the background*

".......and the very next day you gave it away" Sofia sang along as she was listening to music.

The flight didn't get delayed to her suprise.

It doesn't take her much time to enter the plane.
She finds her seat to be in front of crying babies.

"........do they really wanna ruin my vacation?" She thought to herself. She sits down and gets her book out as she is reading it , her seat gets kicked by a crying baby. It continues and goes on.

"Enough!" She said and head towards one of the stewardess.

"Excuse me! Can I please switch my seat with someone else? There is a pro-" Sofia is cut off by a air hostess going near the stewardess.
"I'm really sorry but today we cannot.
Please try to understand! There are many children on this flight and you know how children are! They are not listening to the instructions. " The stewardess said and headed back

"Everybody sit down!" Three airhostess said

"Put your seat belt! Please help your child! Hey! Not the board! The seat belt!! Yes! No! Yes! No not that!" One of the airhostess said to a 5 year old kid.

She sighs and was going to head to her seat.

"She can sit with me in the first class. I'll pay for her" a middle aged lady approached Sofia and the airhostess.

The airhostess gave a stare at the lady and nodded her head.

"Well are you just going to stare or come with me?" The lady said
"Who gets 15 kids on this plane! " Sofia whispers under her breath
Sofia without saying a word followed her to the first class. It was definitely an unusual day.

It was about 1 a.m. The sky was completely black. Sofia liked her peace.

"Thank you....?" Sofia said

" My name is Aaliyah Washington. And you are...?" The lady said

" My name is Sofia Adams. Don't mind me asking but why did air hostess stare at you?"

" It is  because of my job, when she heard me talk to one of the stewardess. " Aaliyah said

"Oh! What do you do?" Sofia asked

"A little introduction-
I'm an African American. I  moved to America when I was ten and well my job- I'm a paranormal investigator." Aaliyah said
Sofia analysed how she looked -She had shoulder length brown hair and has dark brown eyes.

"Paranormal investigator? You mean you look for ghosts?" Sofia asked in confusion

"I investigate about paranormal cases- souls, spirits with unfinished business and what y'all call Ghosts! And some things which don't have logic. It's a gift, I can understand spirits." Aaliyah said.
'What inspired you to be one?'
'Lauren and Ed Warren- they understood me , I felt like I was not the only one with such a gift...I was invested in their cases....I even met them once when I was 12- Lauren told me to use my gift for the good and never to be scared...what about you, what do you do?'
"Well I'm an Art Director. And I'm heading home to my family for Christmas." Said Sofia

"Aaah! Do you have an interesting side job? Criminal Psychology?
Doesn't it interest you? Where do you go after you die. The very concept of Death. The afterlife? Recarnation?"Aaliyah asked

"I find my job quite interesting. " Sofia asked in the same tone as Aaliyah.

"Well I'm sorry I must have bombarded with you a lot of questions.
Now take my card, whenever you need me just call me. I'll be staying in Pasadena for quite a few weeks, I got a big case." Aaliyah said

Aaliyah gave her card to Sofia. Sofia looked kept it in her bag without looking.

"Lets just hope I don't need it" Sofia mimicked Aaliyah's voice

"You'll never know" Aaliyah said and with that she went to her seat to sleep.

Sofia read the book in her window seat, enjoying the view
Eventually she fell asleep.

Around 6:30 a.m, Sofia woke up.
The plane was still in the sky.
It was beautiful. The purple morning haze filled the sky.

"Morning Sofia! The plane will land in 15 minutes." Aaliyah said.

Sofia was startled but immediately replied
"Yes! Thank you!"

After they landed, they both were taking their luggage.

"I cannot thank you enough honestly."  Sofia said

"The pleasure was all mine" She said and they both head outside the airport.

Sofia sees her dad and waves at him.
"Here!" She says

Aaliyah looked at Sofia and something felt off. She felt something was going to happen to sofia.
She simply smiled, and left the airport.
They bid their goodbyes but would they meet again?

_________________________

A/N - Happy New Year! 2021
What did Aaliyah see?
This chapter is dedicated to Ezycath meowing11 and ur_girl_ro