2 | Surprise

Small recap of the previous chapter

Aaliyah and Sofia head outside the airport.
Aaliyah is about to leave when she feels something is off. She smiles and looks for her cab.

When she heads outside the airport, the sky was no longer purple. The sky was covered with white and gray clouds.

"Weird." She thought to herself

It looked like a storm was about to come.

She finds her dad and says "Hi" and hugs him.
"Fia! It feels like it's been so long has it? I missed you
Your mom is waiting for you eagerly! If we don't reach in half an hour then she will start calling me. " Sofia's dad said.
"You should never make mom mad!" Sofia says

She looks at the sky again, still cloudy.

She takes her phone and checks the weather. To her surprise the whole day will be sunny?

"Hey! Dad I really wish it snowed " Sofia asked

"Well it may snow but I can't say sweetheart." Her dad said.

He chuckled
"What happened Dad ? Did I say anything funny?" Sofia asks as she extremely confused.

"Oh no! It's nothing!" Her dad said looking straight at the road.

"Weird.....the weather seems off. Dad is acting weird.

They finally reached.
She sighed and removed her luggage which was inside the car.
She was getting more worried as she was close to knowing what was happening, she decided to ask them as soon as she heads inside the house.

A cool breeze hits her face.
The weather wasn't helping her either.

"The door is open" Her dad said

She heads towards the door, her dad is at the back with her bag.

She turns the door handle.
She opens the door and

"SURPRISE" The whole Adams family screamed.

All of a sudden, all her worry dissappeared and a smile came on her face.

"Mama , Catie!.....Simone? What are you doing here? What....I'm- Sofia jaw dropped as she saw them.

"Your mom had called me a month ago and we planned to surprise you today!" In-jae said

"But how?What? Sofia still in confusion.

"She had called me telling me all about her idea... and a week later the preparation had started, We got the tickets and if you are wondering why you didn't see us. You were in first class for some reason" Simone explained.

"Bien hecho Mama!" Fifi said still with a lot of surprise.

They all spent the morning and afternoon watching movies. Sofia experienced jetlag and fell asleep on the couch. She woke up to the smell of homemade food, something she has not had in quite some time. 

"Dinner is ready!" Sofia's mama said

They all sit, Catalina was on her phone the whole time.

"Catie! I will take out my chancla ! Get off the phone, You are eating Dinner." Mama said

"They are identical sisters..even though they have 10 years difference." Simone said

Simone asks
"I never really quested this until now but  Sofià and her sister have their first name - a latina name while Adams is British...may I ask how did y'all meet? "

"Ugh ! Not again!" Catalina said
"Year was 1989 and we met-"
Everyone atleast once has asked that question and her parents have told everybody about their love story...how they met in London.

After the really long story, they finished their dinner, they now are sitting near the chimney having hot chocolate.

"There are some things in the attic...can you please get it?" Her dad said

"Attic" Sofia heard a small voice of a female...but she thought her ears were ringing. She ignored it and started climbing the stairs to upstairs.

________________
A/N - what do you think happens in the attic? Who or what was the voice an what's up with the weather?
Tell me in the comments :)
Please vote ⭐
Love , Rachel.