• p r o l o g u e •

New York, 23rd December 2019

A cold night in New York City.
The snow fills the sky and the earth below, over housetops, over streets,over heads of people on the street. It may be little but it's everywhere! Some people play in the snow, ice skating and of course shopping. You can also hear the choir singing on the streets.

A season of snow angels and homemade cookies. The most awaited part of the year..... Christmas!

Most stay home in their pajamas drinking hot chocolate under their warm blankets enjoying the view.

But here Sofia Adams, a 25 year old Art director is working late in her office.

She sighed as she looked outside the window. She saw a family ice skating, that brought a smile on her face.

"Do you not want to go home? Its 8:45 if you dot leave now then you will definitely pmmiss your flight." Simone her colleague and her best friend interrupts Sofia lost in her though.

"Deadline is tomorrow." Said Sofia

The clock struck nine. She finished her work and once again looked at the window, but this time no one was there.

"I will wait for you in the car, you have 10 minutes or I'll drive off, you won't get a cab in this cold winter. So hurry!" Said Simone.

A snowflake fell on her nose as she left the building. 
She saw Simone's car and headed towards it.
Sofia didn't say a word after she sat in the car. She looked outside all she did was smile. She liked the streets of New York but she missed the warmth of her home.

"Hey! You need to get me your mom's patatas from Pasadena. I know it's not the season but I didn't help you for free!" Simone said with a small laugh breaking the awkward silence.

"Yes! But are you seriously going to spend your Christmas in Hawaii? It's the most unlikely place to spend Christmas" Sofia asked with total disbelief.

"Well yeah! Hunter  had invited me to stay in Hawaii this Christmas." Simone said

Simone drops her home.
It was quite an empty house, no Christmas Tree, no lights  this year.
Sofia didn't bother to put up any as she was going home.

Moving away from home was definitely hard. She missed her mom being by her side during the hard days she had to face at work.
But she is going home now.

________________________
A/N- This chapter is dedicated to HockHayal Noe4Life_Fan and Rosebushred

Merry Christmas!
Please vote and comment ❤️
Love, Rachel :)