Chapter 2

Beep beep beep

That annoying sound again

I open my eyes to the ceiling thinking if waking up in the morning for school is really worth it , is it worth the great dreams I keep on having , my time and energy !

I get out of bed and start my morning routine which includes , prayer, skincare, bathing and eating definetly in that order.

"Asante!" , I hear my moms screeching voice calling out my name

"coming", I go straight to her room and proceed to knock on the door

" come in" she says.

I get in to find her preparing to go to work.

Quick summary , Well me and my mother are really not close because we clash a lot , we normally don't agree on a lot of things which causes tension in the house.

Don't get me wrong , I am not disobedient ,the thing is my mom thinks shes always right and her pride is on a hunnid I tell you. So I always express how I feel and do what I want because shes not the type to listen to other peoples thoughts or opinions.

"Can I help you?" I ask her folding my arms

" Yes missy you can help me , I need you to run errands for me, Firstly the moment you come back from school make sure to go grocery shopping because I haven't found the time to do it myself and I doubt I'll find it so I'll leave the money on the counter before I go to work , secondly , make dinner I'll be too tired to do it myself but before that clean the whole house , its been a while since it was clean and thirdly give Mrs Kork her slip which I'll also leave on top of the counter and tell her she needs to have it on our next ladies meeting" . she says.

I know it's a lot , but I'm used to it . I practically do everything in this house since I'm the oldest and the first born so it's no biggie anymore. My mom is so lazy you guys but at least she bring money in but no ways she is lazy to the core. Everything is always done by me , she like making excuses for her self like she actually does anything around the house.

I roll my eyes , "yes mam". I turn to leave and I bang her door

My mom really annoys me and I just cant stand her sometimes I always try my best to avoid her but she will always be a prick in the ass.

I go to Nicola's room

" Ayo! I bang his door ,"lets go , we going to be late" . I say

" Yo Rest I'm coming geez" , he says opening his door in the process .

"Whatever" , I say.

I head to my bedroom to fetch my backpack and we walked to school. We arrived and parted ways where we had to.

"Beep" I hear my phone buzzing and I check my notifications to see unsaved numbers , I open the message.

Zariah: " Hey its Zariah , are you at school yet" , It reads.

I text back

Asante: "Yeah , where are you ?

typing... , As I wait for her reply

Zariah: By the school assembly

Asante: Okay I'm coming .

I head towards the assembly as my eyes scan through the crowd of learners..

"Asante!. I look back to find this gorgeous girl heading towards me .

" Zariah , been looking for you" I say

" And here I am" , she says while giggling.

"Well then lets go to our first class" I say while pulling her along

After our long and exhausting classes , school was Over!!! , And it was really nice to chill with Zariah and I even ended up meeting some of her other friends , Michael , Zoe , Diamond , Nina And Cole which were really nice people and they actually made school less boring for me and now it was time for us to part ways .

"uhm , Asante me and the squad planned to chill later on at my house do you want to come?" she asks.

" I'd love too but I have a lot to do when I get home , rain check?. I say looking at her apologetically

"No problem , see you tomorrow" she smiles.

I walk back home alone as usual.

I got home and started doing almost everything my mom said I should do and the only thing left was me to take the slip to Mrs Kork's house.

I went to my bedroom to fetch my earphones and wore my black customised hoodie since it was getting dark and really cold.

I went out and walked to Mrs Kork's House since it was a walking distance while my earphones were blasting Jorja's song "Goodbyes".

"Chapter are written down out for you,

Down here they're hurtin'

for my broken heart

Trynna figure out how this is real

Cause they're never comin' down

They belong to the clouds

Goodbyes

Goodtimes

L....."

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Everything went blank.