Chapter 3

Later that afternoon, Eva and Tammy met up for a birthday lunch. Eva told Tammy all about what had happened to her that morning, and all about the man who had helped her.   

"I'm practically swooning!" Says Tammy very dramatically, putting the back of her hand on her forehead and leaning back in her chair.

    "Haha, very funny." Said Eva, rolling her eyes.

    "Well did you get his number?" Asked Tammy.

    "I was barely able to say a simple thank you much less ask for his number. I don't even know his name." Exclaimed Eva.

    "Well i just thought that if he was as stunning as you say that you would at least ask for his name, but i guess i was wrong." Said Tammy giggling as she shrugged.
Eva rolled her eyes at Tammy's remark.

"Anyway, i should probably get going. I have another shift at the cafe." Stated Eva.

"Girl, when do you not have another shift at the cafe?" Asked Tammy sarcastically.

"If i want that promotion i have to take every chance i can get." Eva told her.
After that the girls parted ways and Eva began making her way over to the cafe. An hour or two after she had started her shift she noticed a man walk in whom seemed fairly familiar, but she couldn't think of where she had seen him before. A few minutes past and it hit her, it was the man who she had met earlier that morning. She looked up after realizing, and noticed him looking at her. The two made eye contact, and he gave her a soft smile. Eva could feel her cheeks getting pink, she instantly looked away. The man gave a slight chuckle. After Eva's shift was over she noticed that he was still sitting there. She thought it a little strange, but didn't give it a second thought until he walked right up to her.

"Hi." He said nervously.

"Hello." Replied Eva a bit stunned and confused.
"I don't know if you remember me, but..." he started, but Eva interrupted.

"I remember. I forgot to thank you for this morning." She said.

"Oh yeah, sure thing." He said. For just a moment they just stood there and stared at each other.

Eva realized just how handsome he really was. He was tall and his muscles were well defined. And his hair was a nice color of chocolatey brown. It was wavy and  came down you his eyes. Eva thought about how nice it would be to run her hands through it.

"Anyway, i wanted to ask you if you had any time today. I was hoping we could maybe grab something to eat and maybe have a chat?" He asked, pulling Eva out of her thoughts. She took a good look at him just to make sure. He didn't look like the typical kidnapper, so she said yes and after her shift was over they walked down around the corner to a nearby restaurant. Eva saw no harm in talking. He said his name was Alex. Eva seemed to like him. He seemed fairly normal and acted like a sweet guy.

"Anyway, i actually asked you to meet with me for a specific reason." He told her.
Eva raised an eyebrow, curious to what he had to say.
"Do you believe in guardian angels?" He asked her. Eva was confused.

"Umm... maybe. I'm not really sure. I've never really thought about it, why?" She asked, confused.

"Well, this is going to sound crazy, so i might as well tell you now rather than later. I'm a guardian angel. And I'm your guardian angel. Everyone has one from the day they are born to the day they die. And I'm yours." He tells her.

Eva is shocked by the sudden confession, and is speechless for a moment. She just sat back in the chair trying to rap her head around the information she was just given.